"God no-!" Sophia shook her head, "You always ruin my outfits with your jackets and overcoats," Sophia stood firm. Elijah simply laughed and walked to close the small distance she created.

"Not ruined, you always look amazing either way," he leaned down, kissing te top of her forehead. Sophia cheeks warmed at the compliment and her moment of distraction was sufficient enough for him to slip it over her shoulders. Sophia realized moments later.

"It's fine, plus you're right...the waterfront can usually be a bit colder around these hours."

They left most of the festivities behind and he held the door leading to a brightly lit and similarly decorated elevated area outside. The second the air hit her face, Sophia shivered and tugged his jacket tighter around herself. It smelled of him. It was cool but the wind wasn't as harsh and heavy as she thought it'd be. Sophia imaged herself kicking back, enjoying a glass of wine in these conditions.

"Is that better?" Elijah asked, following right after her as she stepped outside, referring to the warmth his clothes offered.

"It is," Sophia looked around, marveling at the place. An area that looked more fitting to host receptions, business parties or events similar of that nature with an excellent oceanview in the background was currently empty save for both of them. Sophia's brows rose upwards, Elijah was well prepared. Sophia quickly spotted one table, it had the classic shiny thin metal bucket filled with ice and the head of a bottle peeking above it. Vases and decorations were everywhere but this specific table had more to it and that bottle was whispering her name. Sophia also noticed something else and stared towards Elijah.

"Oh my...out here too?" She raised a brow, "-red is my favorite color you know...any more of this and I'll have to believe your copying me."

Elijah laughed and didn't respond to that, there was other things needing his immediate attention. Seeing her heading to the tanle without waiting dir him, he caught up quickly. "Sophia, didn't you already have something to drink?"

Sophia stilled, shocked at being caught, she turned to smile sweetly up at him, "Maybe~"

Elijah tried to remain composed. He had a simple plan that was dashed before it even proceeded to the next step, he led her away from the table, not wanting anymore of that to get in her system. "When...how did you even-!"

"You're not the only one with tricks," She grinned, "I got one of the waitresses to mix in something special for me," Sophia looked very satisfied with what she achieved.

Elijah started at her with some astonishment.

"-While you weren't looking," Sophia added.

Elijah didn't remember taking his eyes off her for that long. Plus he specifically indicated no alcohol tonight to the person in charge of the catering.

"-There was nothing except bubbly champagne being served," she made a face, "I know Evangeline's young but what kind of birthday party has no alcohol on the menu?" Sophia raised an important question. When he didn't reply, she turned towards him.

"Aww, are you mad? Please don't be angry, should I say sorry? I'll apologize even though I'm not even tipsy yet," Sophia reached upwards, holding his cheeks on both sides.

Elijah reached up to hold one of her hands, "No, don't, there's no need-"

"Good," Sophia did a complete 180 turn, "Cause it's your fault." her entire countenance changed in seconds.

"-I'm so tired..." she leaned forward into his chest and her hands collapsed to her sides. Elijah held her close to his chest, listening to her groaning. "I felt like I was going crazy in there-!" Sophia confessed to him in the cool night air. She spoke nearly inaudibly, sound muffled against his chest.