Ch 3

Imani was in her room trying new beats for her song she's gonna make public. Even though she isn't at empire anymore she still has to make music. Imani writes down words as she listens to the beat.

I'm like a gun with no bullets
You could touch me, squeeze me, won't bust if you pull it
Take my number, you can have it...

Suddenly she gets a knock on the door which makes her look up and stop the beat. "Uh come in" Imani says as Olivia opens the door and walks into the room. "Hey did I catch you at a bad time?" Olivia questions. "Oh no your good what's up?" Imani asks. "So tonight's the booster party, we have one every year and dad says you should come" Olivia says sitting on her bed. "What's that?" Imani asks. "A bunch of old racist people talking about nonsense. they fund the sports program, so my dad sucks it up and takes it"Olivia says rolling her eyes. "Oh fun." Imani says sarcastically rolling her eyes causing Olivia to chuckle. "We need to get you a dress. So I was thinking we should go together" Olivia suggest causing Imani to put her journal down completely. "Yeah I guess so. I need new clothes anyways" Imani says getting up.

...
Meanwhile back at empire

Lucious was hosting a meeting when a certain someone came in.

"Don't forget to thank me, baby. Don't forget to thank your Cookie on this historic occasion. Hello." Cookie says walking walks in as Vernon gets up and walks to her. "Good to see you, Cookie." Vernon greets. "kiss my black ass." Cookie responds back as she makes her way to lucious chair."Andre" cookie says greeting her child who nods as a greeting.

"let's talk business, shall we?" Cookie says leaning on lucious chair causing the men at the meeting to look a cookie. "Hey, sistergirl." Cookie greets the only woman at the table who turns her head. "Will you guys excuse us for a moment, please?" Lucious says getting up from his chair. "Yes, excuse us for a moment, please." Cookie says as lucious pulls her by her waist. "Cookie, can I talk to you?" Lucious asks. "Lucious. Don't touch me like that. Have some cupcakes on us. We'll be right back." Cookie insists as she walks out. "Page three, ladies and gentlemen." Andre says taking over.

As they enter Lucious' office cookie sits down in the chair as Vernon eats something from a little cup that was on the table. "Are you out of your damn mind? I told you I was gonna hook you up." Lucious says annoyed. "And I'm telling you that's not enough. I want Jamal, too." Cookie says.

"You can't have him." Lucious denies. "You messing with the wrong bitch, Lucious. I know things." Cookie says as lucious looks a Vernon with a amused expression. "What do you know?" Lucious asks. "What if I were to disclose to the SEC that I was the original investor with $400,000 in drug money? Yeah. Your application for an IPO would be effectively denied." Cookie threatens. "Shut your mouth. You know how stupid you sound?" Vernon questions before taking another cherry.

"Tell me to shut up again, bitch." Cookie snaps back. "You know it's true." Cookie says causing lucious to look at Vernon. "Baby..." lucious says making cookie glare at him. "...why are you doing this?" Lucious questions.

"Don't you "baby" me, you two-faced bastard. I've been living like a dog for 17 years and now I want what's mine. I want Jamal." Cookie says making her way to the piano that was in the office and starts playing it. "And you would sink this whole empire over that?" Lucious asks.

"Give me Jamal." Cookie says still playing the piano. Lucious looks over at Vernon again who shrugs and then turns back to cookie. "You got him." Lucious admits making cookie stop playing the piano and walk back to the chair.