As Jedi, we can feel things through the Force; the energy that flows through everything. For example, I can feel that you're uneasy now that you know why we are here, because your Force signatures are quivering with worry. 

Ever since we arrived, we have been trying to mask our signatures in the Force. This takes a lot of power, and with Sol's energy lessoning as she gets closer to giving birth, she is becoming easier to sense by the day. Not only this, but it's becoming apparent in the Force that there are two entities inside of her that are emitting their own signatures.

Vader is extremely powerful. With the power of the Force's dark side, it's possible that he will soon be able to sense Sol and her children even across the galaxy. When she gives birth, I fear that... he will sense her and will come looking for the children that he still doesn't know exist.'

'This is madness,' Owen gaped, looking back and forth between Sol and Obi-wan.

When he accepted these Jedi into his home, he didn't think that he would be accepting the darkness that came with the so-called Force. Owen didn't know about the Jedi faith nor the way they fought for balance in the Force. He knew that the Galactic Empire was being led by the terrifying Darth Vader, who emerged into existence when the Empire began to terrorize people who lived under the Republic. But to hear that Darth Vader was actually Anakin Skywalker, his half-brother, daughter of Shmi Skywalker, and the Jedi Knight who Owen had met with the pregnant woman now in front of him, Owen Lars was beyond confused.

'This dark side that you talk about,' Beru decided to speak up and pulled the attention of the group to her. 'It must be awful to twist someone. We briefly met Anakin and he was just a boy. How could this have happened?'

When Sol had blurted out who the father of her children was, she hadn't had the chance to dwell on the fact that she had said his name for the first time in months. She told herself that Anakin was gone, and Darth Vader had taken his place, so why talk about him like he was still around? It pained Obi-wan to speak about it too, so they settled into an avoidance of mentioning his name in particular. He was known as him, because it seemed fitting for someone who was the symbol of the new, totalitarian Galactic Empire. Perhaps there was an irrational fear that by saying his name aloud, he would somehow appear in Obi-wan and Sol's shared living room.

But Beru said his name like she would any other and it made Sol feel a ping in her chest at hearing it. Beru didn't know the extent of what he had done, and of what Sol had lost by him turning into Darth Vader. Beru thought that the dark side was a sort of mind-control, but it was more than that. It was like a disease; something that seeped into every pore and ran along every vein to take over its host. That's what happened to Anakin, and he was no longer the boyish Jedi who she had met when he was just a Padawan learner.

'What we have come to ask you is a burden, but as you can see, we're desperate,' Obi-wan ignored Beru's question and looked towards Sol's round stomach as he spoke. He looked back to Owen and Beru, whose cups of ardees were forgotten on the table.

'I've recently found work at a Sand Whale harvesting plant, and there's no guarantee that I will be able to make it back to our home if Sol goes into labour. If you could make it to the house when she does, maybe she could hold off until I'm able to get there and cover Sol's and the children's Force signatures. I saw that you have a speeder, and we would be eternally grateful if you were to... help deliver the twins.'

Sol eyed the couple who looked at each other. She wanted to read their signatures but didn't want to use the strength to. But their expressions were enough, and it made Sol deflate. Owen was reluctant with his jaw tight and his eyes shifting from Obi-wan to his wife. But there was a small hope from Beru, as she tried to meet her husband's shifting eyes.