Hayasaka and Shinzo Take a Summer Trip 2.8

"Not the first time," he admitted to himself when he and Hayasaka went in that 'fake date' in the amusement park, which led to them getting kicked out.

Look, they played the games there very well. That's all I'm gonna tell you about that. Moving on.

"Nice show there, Shinzo!" Mr. Satou praised him, despite setting him off when he saw it for the first time. "Though be sure to let us know first when you're going to pull off those kinds of stunts."

He gave embarrassed look as he scratched his chin. "Yessir. Sorry about that—got caught in the moment, you know."

"No worries! No worries!" he forgave him as he sipped on his bottle of beer." In fact, if you're willing to work here, lemme know."

"Someone has him already, Kazuto. Give it up," Mr. Nagama said as he ate some sushi. "Damn, these are good."

Mr. Satou laughed at this, "Go ahead and eat! Enjoy the food!"

"Couldn't have said it better," the maid and the butler thought. And the look of it at the table was something to behold. The two had seen the food prepared in the mansion, and they admit that they had somewhat high standards of food since the start of their life living there. But in the small café-restaurant, whatever skill a high-call chef must have, was what Mr. Satou had on his arsenal.

There was food of various cuisines all over the world. Some were on the menu, but others were not and made especially for them alone to feast on.

Coming from their native land was some sushi, carefully prepared with delicate hands, and some miso soup. Heading off West from them was some curry reminiscent of the ones found in India and even more, crossing through the deserts of the Middle East, the chef had roasted lamb to serve, doused with red sauce that was sweet and sour. And to Europe there was pasta from Italy, and fish and chips from Britain. Finally, sailing past the Atlantic Sea was good ole U.S. of A. And for them, there was a large slice of steak for the occasion, Texan style in grilling, swimming with gravy, and some bread to go along.

Pretty mouth-watering, huh?

If only I was there to taste...

Hayasaka went for the lamb while Shinzo decided to have some steak. As they tasted the food, stars shone from their eyes.

"Delicious!" they shouted, getting to the other flavors across the world.

"The lamb!" Hayasaka thought, "such soft meat, yet so sweet to my tongue. And this pasta is also nice! I could taste the garlic and the grated mozzarella cheese for this one."

Shinzo's face had a smile already as he tasted the other foods. "After a good tender steak with probably some of the better gravies I've ever tasted; so buttery and smooth, the curry mixed well with some rice has got to be one of the best ones I've tasted so far! The special sauce, the chicken cuts, the chopped vegetables, all forming up to a unified form of good taste."

The two weren't culinary artists to best sure, but what they said was good enough to describe the food.

I mean, it's better than just stating: "it was delicious!" That would just be lazy writing.

Even though the two had been employees, Houtarou and Eru barely had the chance to taste his uncle's cooking to this level. They weren't sure on what to expect. And this was seen when Houtarou, upon seeing the looks of Hayasaka and Shinzo, decided to taste some of the soup. And his bored face lit up.

"This is... this is excellent," he said, the best reaction anyone could get from him as he took another mouthful of the broth. The softness of the seaweed jiving with the fish stock, and the essence of the garlic and ginger seeping from just a drop of it. And the noodles, well were they cooked and a delight to slurp on.