Hayasaka and Shinzo Take a Summer Trip 2.1

A foreword (again)

So... enjoy the second part of this story. Decided to make the format to small chapters, unlike that behemoth chapter in the first which had the whole story. Easier to manage for me instead of releasing it as a whole.

So... what to expect? I'd say be surprised as we're gonna get an increase in our character list this time.

You watch other anime? Good, 'cause this might be good.

'kay?

"What is it, Hayasaka?" asked a young woman as she turned away from her study desk. They were inside her room in the Mansion, one night during summer break. The young woman asking was none other than Kaguya Shinomiya, heiress to one of the most influential conglomerates in the whole of Japan. Her long hair draped behind her. She bore a pair of rubyred eyes that could pierce any heart. Despite her petite figure, she was one of the most excellent students in any field, from academics to sports. Her multiple certificates and awards were stored in a closet somewhere, and she would yawn at the thought of them.

Of course, she herself had a maid to attend to her needs, and she was none other than Ai Hayasaka, now standing beside her.

"Lady Kaguya," she said, "I wish to take a three-day leave from the household."

"On what ground?" she asked coldly.

"I want to go with Shinzo to his hometown for the meantime," she said proudly without missing a beat. The maid herself was in her usual uniform: all black and white dress and wear with long sleeves and a skirt stretching until her knees. Her collar was buttoned up with a blue pendant. She looked every bit a maid, so much so that no one could make the connection to her other persona at school.

There she would wear a long-sleeved shirt with a dark blazer on top. And to go along was a skirt that was dangerously high. That was her common look with her friends: the gal personality she got accustomed to.

But for now, she was Maid Hayasaka, serving under Kaguya Shinomiya.

Her ponytail swished a bit as she tilted her head slightly, expecting the answer of the Lady.

Kaguya pushed away her work for the meantime, some paperwork needed to be dealt with for school. She put her fingers together and reclined on the chair, assuming a reflective pose.

Despite the job the maid had, Hayasaka for her was not simply a maid. She was more to her than that, a connection deeper than blood. She cared for her more as a sister. Despite the job, she did see her as one.

"Hayasaka," she asked with a curious tone, "How long have you been with Shinzo?"

Whether she was surprised or not, she did not show. "Whatever do you mean, milady?"

"Don't play shy with me," she responded, her eyes forming to slits as she looked at the girl. She tried to scan her face for any sort of hint or change. But Hayasaka was one tough girl to crack; one could not easily penetrate her façade.

Yet Kaguya persisted. "Are you sure there's nothing going on between the two of you?"

"No, not at all."

"Not at all?" she doubted.

"Nothing to report," and here she glanced for a bit at her side.

She tried to pry more off the girl. Clearly, she was hiding something and showed less. But whatever it was, it was out of reach for the lady.