Hayasaka and Shinzo Take a Summer Trip 2.6

Start from the beginning

Seconds later, it hit the ground in the maid's and butler's favor. Another service. Moments later, with a devastating spike from Shinzo, it fell to the ground. Another point. Another service and Hayasaka slammed the six players with a cunning placement at their blank spot. One point to them once more.

And another.

And another.

Another one...

Another—you know this already.

By the time they reached 15-0, the six players were on the sand, eating the dust of the two champions. Hayasaka stretched her arms while Shinzo yawned and approached the team.

"Still up for another game?" he innocently asked.

But they flinched as in their eyes the red-eyed demon was taunting them for another match, another match to pummel them to the ground.

"No! No, please!" they cried, leaving Shinzo with an odd stare at them. He shrugged as he approached his teammate.

"Hayasaka, they said they don't want to play anymore."

"Aww, that's a shame," she said, giving a small pout. Then she looked over to them, "Are you sure you don't want another round?" she asked in a courteous, slightly-raised tone.

But they remained distrustful at the two (well, considering the fact that they were obliterated by them) and even flinched when the blue cat-eyed demon tried to get their attention.

Suddenly, the two approached them. and they were prepared for the worst.

Shinzo raised his hand.

"Maybe this was going to be another shameful slap—" one thought.

"C'mon, don't leave me hanging here when I want to help you get up on your feet."

The player looked to see a cheery Shinzo and a cool-faced Hayasaka behind him. After giving it some thought, he took the offer. He stood up as he looked at his friends who were also getting up from the ground.

"Well, I gotta admit," he said, turning to the two, "Y'all got to be one of the most maniacal people I've ever met in volleyball."

"Well," Shinzo thought, "I do get that term sometimes in my line of work."

"I suppose," Hayasaka also thought while scratching her head, "I've heard that description thrown at me a couple of times."

But suddenly, the players started to surround the two, giving Shinzo a bad feeling.

"Why," he thought, "this is like the time I had to fight that gang downtown. Thankfully, the hospital was nearby." He gave a wary stare around them, his fists clenched tight. Even Hayasaka was a bit worried about the situation.

Then her eyes darted to one of the player's arms grabbing for something from his pocket.

"A baton, a pocketknife?" she thought. Her eyes became focused, ready to anticipate the imaginary weapon.

Then he brought out a cellphone.

"You guys are wicked!" one player shouted. "Can we take a photo with you?"

Not realizing it, they suddenly converged on the two and they were lifted up in the air, all while one of the players was trying to get a good angle for a shot. As they were carried around by them, the maid and the butler looked at each other.

"Didn't expect this warm welcome," Shinzo said.

"Neither did I," the maid said.

From the view though, they got to see another surprise: a crowd around the volleyball court cheering and clamoring for the two. It was true that after performing powerful aerodynamic, ballistic, earth-shattering moves like those, raining down spikes that broke the sound barrier, flexible gymnast-level turns and swerves to turn the tide in the heat of the moment, speed and agility to make Usain Bolt blush, and jumps that could soar through the air to bring down the heat, a crowd was eventually going to form.