"Don't freight, Webby. We can raid Colonel Crumpet's room and if we find anything, I'll confront her myself!"

Webby nodded slowly and pocketed the book. They headed for the vent. They made their way to Beakley's room but overheard voices. Webby looked over her shoulder and they silently agreed to make a brief detour.

Normal POV:

The color slowly reentered the walls. I changed quickly and washed my face so I wasn't covered in sand. It was a rush against time. I knew it was technically my magic holding the spell in place, but my magic was slipping through my fingers. I had used too much in the past.

Then I found Scrooge, Gladstone, and Della entered Scrooge's office as time restarted. They all stared at me as I panted.

"Scrooge, we need to talk," I said, out of breath.

"We'll let you two," Della pointed at the door.

"Actually, where is Beakley?" I asked.

"With Donald," Della said hesitantly.

"Do you mind keeping an eye on them until we join you?" I asked.

"Um," she looked at Scrooge, "Sure."

"I'll just," Gladstone slipped in the door to the office.

There was so much I needed to apologize for, yet I felt justified in some of it. I was trying to protect his daughters, after all. But a ping went through me when I noticed how much he was leaning on his cane. There was no telling how FOWL had treated him and my blast had not helped.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry. My magic has been lashing out. I didn't mean to hurt you," I rambled.

"I know, Love. I'll live." He cupped my check and for a second, I wish we could stay that way forever. His eyes flickered across me and he straightened, pulling away slightly and his hand slid down my face. "Been time traveling?"

"It wasn't planned, but I think it helped my mood. Though we need to keep an eye on Webby," I mumbled.

His eyes flashed dark for a moment. He knew exactly when I went in the past and what I meant by my magic had been lashing out.

"Love, he will pay for what he did to you. Ya don't have to face him again."

"I want to," I said.

He creased his eyebrows. I could tell he didn't want to argue but I wasn't letting him go in alone.

"Love, I don't think that's a good idea," he said.

"I've made up my mind," I said.

He looked like he was going to protest. I took his hand and squeezed it lightly. He turned to the door and opened it for me. He still clearly wasn't happy about the situation.

Launchpad was nervously pacing the length of the right wall. The sight of his boss tied up wasn't sitting well with him. Gladstone was propped against Scrooge's desk. He was twisting something between his fingers and glared at the man tied to the chair.

I crossed the floor and stood next to LP and I patted his arm. He seemed to relax slightly at my touch. Gladstone seemed to ask how I was with a glance. I nodded only slightly. Nega-Scrooge turned his head to see who Gladstone was looking at. Nega-Scrooge smiled as we locked eyes, but Scrooge walked by before Nega-Scrooge could speak.