𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 14

☾✯✯✯✯✯☽

Velaris has been stuck in that white room for five weeks now

Her body was slowly adjusting to the amount of power flowing through her veins.

The two Illyrians woke up two weeks ago.

While Azriel left as soon as he woke up to help his High Lord, Cassian's wings still needed rest so he remained with her.

Vel never thought she could harbor an emotion other than hate towards the entirety of the male species. Sadly, she was wrong because if there was one thing she felt in Cassian's company, it was not hate-it was the urge to kill his annoying childish ass.

"No!" Vel said again and Cass laughed at the response.

"Oh, come on Vel, please?" He pouted like a child, holding his hands together in a plea.

"No," she repeated as she crossed her arms angrily at the male.

"But you must know a girl from Rosewood that you can set me up with," he said, still pouting.

Velaris rolled her eyes, "Cassian, I will not set you up with a prostitute from the brothel. I will not condemn one of my sisters to spending any amount of time with you."

"Hey! I'm not that bad."

"Yes, you are, Cass," Mor said as she entered the room.

Velaris nodded, smiling at Mor as the blonde hugged her, flinching slightly at the touch. Mor settled next to her on the white hospital bed and kissed the younger girl's forehead. This time, Velaris didn't flinch, predicting the female's touch.

"I hate it when you two gang up on me," Cass said, turning his head and ignoring the girls like a petulant child.

Mor snorted at his actions before helping Vel out of her bed and onto the couch as she changed her sheets.

At first, Velaris was cautious and anxious around the two.

Mor was a stranger to her and Cassian was a male. It was hard for her to trust them for those reasons.

But eventually, Mor's brightness and gentleness—in addition to Mor nursing her back to health for over a month now, made Vel trust the woman.

And Cassian...let's just say the man pissed her off too much for her to spend time fearing or hating him and eventually his childishness and humor broke through her mistrust of everything with a stick between its legs.

Vel has yet to see her sisters and Rhysand who seemed to avoid her for a reason unknown to her.

He would always come to visit Cassian when she slept or was in the bath though she could sense his stare from time to time.

Vel's powers were still spiraling, occasionally causing an earthquake in the city or darkness to explode in the room. Her body was still aching although the pain was slowly fading to a small tingling sensation.