Is mom not that bad afterall?

Jade: I just stare at the hallway towards my mothers bedroom. What did she mean by that does she know? I've never understood my mother shes very confusing one minute she's happy the next minute she's reserved I guess that's the same for me ugh it makes me so mad she's right me and her are a lot alike. She's probably knows nothing she's trying to get me to spill something right? Ugh this psychology stuff she's doing is messing with my brain.

Tori: Jade you ok?"

Jade: I look over and see Tori looking at me "Yah why?"

Tori: "You just look like your thinking about something"

Jade: "Um yah nothing much my moms back she's apparently staying home more or something"

Tori: "Oh that's it?"

Jade: "Yah that it"

Tori: "ok" 

Jade: Tori starts watching the tv again. I can't tell her that my mom knows we'll am I even sure she knows??? I don't want Tori to worry about anything.  Is there anything to worry about? When my mom was talking to me she kept smiling she doesn't smile often normally just around strangers why would she be happy what for? We stay watching the show for a few more hours it's rather interesting it's somewhat a detective/murder mystery show but Romance mixed so enough foo foo stuff for Tori to watch but it has some gore which who doesn't like . The answer Tori every time there is blood on the screen she turns  and put her face down on shoulder. "Tori your such a scary cat it's not even that scary"

Tori: "It is so that dude just sliced Mikes ankle off" 

Jade: I position Tori's head to look at the screen but she just burrows her head on my chest making sure she can't see anything. "Fine Tori you win I'll turn it off"

Tori: "Thank you"  she says relived

Jade: Tori lays down on the couch and puts her head in my lap I can tell something besides the show is on her mind but I don't say anything I just stroke her hair. We stay like for awhile I think Tori fell asleep? I then hear chopping on the chopping bored I look over my shoulder into the kitchen and see my mom cutting celery just looking at me smiling. I wish I could cut that smile off her face. I look away from her I hear her opening cans  and doing whatever she's doing. How come she's been cooking??? I say nothing and do nothing I look take a picture of Tori sleeping tho with my flash off she's just to cute not to. Around 5 minutes latter my mom comes into the living room and sets down 2 plates with chicken salad sandwiches that she made from scratch. "Mom what's up with you?"

Jades mom: "What do you mean?"

Jade: "Are you dying it something like what the hell is going on?"

Jades mom: "I'm not dying what do you mean by that?"

Jade: "How come your here?"

Jades mom: "I live here?"

Jade: "Your usually never home and now you seem interested in me or something"

Jades mom: "Your my daughter of course I'm interested in you"

Jade: "You've never have before I had to fight to go to Hollywood arts even though you've always had plenty of money for the tuition and you have never once went to my plays"

Jades mom: "That's not true"

Jade: "What's not true?"

Jades mom: "I've gone to all of your plays I just hide in the back"

Jade:"What??? why?"

Jades mom: "I wanted to see if your actually passionate about all of this and with me seeming not approving made you try harder and have to fight harder as you had no one cheering you on  well at least no one you cared about except Tori here" my mom says smiling looking at Tori sleeping with her head in my lap

Jade: "Your telling me this entire time you've gone to my plays????"

Jades  mom: "You are my daughter and I needed to see if the money I was paying was worth it"

Jade: "Why did you do that I obviously like acting  and I want to do it professionally you had to see just how passionate I was??"

Jade mom: "With me stepping back and not being around you've developed into your own person with me here you would've probably suppressed even more of yourself then you've had  (she says looking at Tori again) I don't always know the right things to say I would've said something wrong  I always tend to"  I'll go now she says standing up and turning to the door

Jade: " wait" my mom turns I look at her she looks at me I put out my arms out my mom comes and I hug her I haven't hugged my mother in 5 years I let a few silent tears come out.

To be continued