𝐱𝐯𝐢: 𝐭𝐚𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦

Start from the beginning

"Accio Sirius's wand," James said hastily. When Sirius lunged at him, James kicked him full in the chest and slammed the door shut. "Colloportus."

From the other side of the door, Sirius banged and yelled, but James only smiled at Amara. "Off to the kitchens, Tal?"

"You bet, Prongs," Amara said, smiling. They both stomped towards the stairs and then tip-toed back, pressing their ears by the bottom of the door.

It was silent for a long, long time.

"Did you know they were planning this?" Sirius asked. 

Remus's voice wafted through next. "No. Did you?"

"No."

Silence.

Then, Sirius spoke again. "I suppose they're wanting us to make up."

Or make out, Amara thought. 

"I guess." Remus's voice was stiff and cold.

More silence. Amara and James played four rounds of Chopsticks, three of which she won and one of which James won. 

Then Sirius's voice spoke again. It was a lot louder and clearer than Remus's, so he was still right by the door. "What did I even do, Remus?"

A pause.

Sirius went on. "We've always been...closer, I thought. Than the rest of them. You've always—you've always seen me a little clearer."

"You think so?" Remus mused, his tone sour. "Glad we're on the same page."

"Are we not?"

"No, Sirius," Remus snapped. "We're not."

Amara frowned, locking eyes with James. He clearly had no idea what was going on. Poor Remus was probably going to stay quiet yet again. Stifled by the conscious feelings he felt he wasn't allowed.

"You don't get it," he continued, and Amara's head snapped up so fast her neck spasmed. "Sirius, you don't...you don't get it."

"What don't I get?" Sirius's tone was more demanding now, more frantic. 

There was silence on Remus's part. Amara could picture him giving a noncommittal shrug, or perhaps shaking his head resolutely. 

"Remus, tell me. I'll understand."

"No."

"Remus," Sirius pleaded. "What could you possibly be carrying that is too heavy for me to share?"

"You'll never accept me."

"Please, Remus." Sirius was shouting now. "You told me you were a werewolf and I didn't bat an eye. How is your current secret any harder to tell?"

"It just is! If I tell you, I can never take it back! I'm not going to tell you something you'll look at me differently for for the rest of my life! Especially you, Sirius." He got quieter at the end.

"What d'you mean, especially me? You can tell Amara and James, and not me? Hell, you probably told bloody Peter before you told me, didn't you? Is it because you don't trust me? You've been awfully rude to only me for the longest fucking time now—"

"Sirius, I'm in love with you!" Remus yelled. Amara gaped.

There was a long silence. James's eyes were wide, and he was silent. He looked at Amara. Did you know? he mouthed. 

She nodded. 

"Oh," Sirius said finally.

Fuck you, Sirius, she thought.