𝐱𝐯𝐢: 𝐭𝐚𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦

𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚, 𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬❜𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲, 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬❜ 𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. There were about four seconds of blissful silence, in the room, before James burst into the room behind her, panting. He bent over, placing his hands on his knees. 

"Sorry, Tal," he said, straightening to close the door. "You caught me zoning out, that's all."

She gave him a sympathetic glance. "Thinking about Sirius and Remus again?"

James nodded.

Amara reached under his bed and pulled out a wooden box. She opened it up to reveal the cursed Quaffle inside. "I just have to know what's going on with this," she muttered. "We've tried everything—we've tried Revelio, and even some magic erasers..." She paused and looked up at James. "D'you think we ought to bring it to someone? A professor, maybe? Or Dumbledore?"

James shrugged. "Dunno. Suppose we could try to lock Sirius and Remus in here?"

"Together?"

"Yes, together." James shook his head and paced to the other end of the room. "I'm sick of this. Tal, we gotta have—have you and me and Sirius and Peter all together again, if only for the sake of Remus. Full moons are getting really hard."

"We still don't fully know why all of a sudden he's transforming more than one night a month," Amara agreed. She glanced at James, brow furrowing. "Should we really lock them in here?"

James looked up at her. A slow, mischievous smile broke out on his handsome face. "I've got Sirius if you've got Remus."

"They can do magic," Amara hissed, frowning. "Doesn't matter if we lock it, they'll just Alohomora it. We'll need to somehow take their wands without them being suspicious."

"I didn't even think of that. How in the bloody hell are we supposed to accomplish that?"

Amara frowned. "I dunno, I'm thinking...maybe just nick it off him?"

"Fuck no," James said solemnly. "Sirius keeps it down his front pocket. I'd consider fishing something out of his back pocket, but the front..." He hesitated. "It's not quite natural for someone of my orientation, you see?"

Amara rolled her eyes. "How about you summon his wand once he's inside and slam the door shut?" 

James gasped. "Oh, that'll work perfectly. Remus keeps his wand in his arm sleeve, which is easier." He held out his fist. "Go, team?"

"Go team," she agreed, before setting off to find Remus. 

It was easy enough to come up with an excuse to bring him up—a simple, frantic, "Someone messed with your whole chocolate stash, the wrappers are everywhere"—and she assumed James had pulled something similar, because when her and Remus arrived upstairs, James and Sirius were already in the dorm room. 

James was closer to the door, leaning against the wall with the fakest air of sincerity Amara had ever seen, and Sirius was buried in his closet, searching for whatever James had worried him about. 

Remus spared Sirius a dismissive once-over before heading straight to his bedside table. He knelt down. Amara came and stood behind him, before grabbing his wand from his hand and sprinting towards the door, leaping over James's bed in the process.