11.

Ahaan's POV-

Today is my first day at the office and I've never been more nervous. Till date, I've gone there as my father's son but today, I'm going there as their future boss.

They have certain expectations with me and I can't let them down. I just hope I do justice to my work.

"Ahaan? Are you ready?" Maa asked knocking on the door.

"Yes maa"

"Can I come in?"

"Obviously? Why are you even asking?"

"Manners" she gave me a look.

"Yeah yeah, your manners."

"Listen to me very carefully now. Most probably your bua will come there to meet you, talk to her nicely. Secondly, if your father gives you extra work call me. Third and most important, you have to come with me to PU at 4 pm. Be there on time." She said.

"Yes ma'am. Noted." I said.

"Now will you please tell me why you want me to accompany you?" I added.

"No"

"Maa?"

"Ahaan, it's a surprise for you"

"You and your surprises." I scoffed.

"Trust me son you'll thank me your whole life." She chuckled.

"What's cooking in your head?"

"Can't tell that yet. For now, all you should know is you're getting late and your father is very angry." She said and left the room.

What's she gonna do?

"Ahaan you're ready?" Papa asked as he saw me.

"Yes"

"You're late"

"I'm sorry"

"No breakfast today. It's your punishment. About today, you'll go through all the ongoing projects, about the clients. How much and on what basis do we invest in different companies." He said putting his plates in the sink.

"Papa-" I whined.

"Sir!"

"Huh"

"During office hours, I'm your boss."

"Grumpy"

"You said something?" He asked.

"No"

"Okay. Since it's your first day and I don't want you to stress yourself the very first day, I'm not giving you more work."

"It's more than enough for today" I mumbled.

"Get used to it son," he said smiling.

~xxx~

The rest of the day went quickly. Working in your own company, under your father at the age of 24 is overall a nice feeling, you work hard, you make mistakes and you learn.

I was never a perfect child. I've made my share of mistakes, calmly listened to my parents' scoldings, realised that I was wrong and never repeated that.

I love this way of living more.

No pressure to be perfect.
No pressure to always win.

"Ahaan sir?" I heard a knock.

Sir who?

You duffer.