[¤]

chapter eleven: the cute emo boy☆•°

Camille's POV

Upon arriving back at HQ, we immedietly went to Elliot's office up ahead on some hallway. When we arrived back, Archer knocked hardly on the door three times before sighing irritatingly and opened the door.

The office looked like some teenage boy's bedroom with the posters and the stuff scattered around the room, it was dark and the light only emitting from the inside were the screens at the end of the room. A lot of screens actually.

"Oy, Archer. Shouldn't you be in the gym, pretty boy?" A British voice said in the room, coming from the gaming chair. Turning around, it revealed a boy all dressed in black head to toe with piercings and he looked around at my age - he looked familiar too but I can't get it out of my mouth.

He raised an eyebrow as he noticed me standing beside Archer. "And who's this you're wtih? Didn't know you were dating someone again." He snarled, pulling up one leg on his seat, kinda made him sitting very unproperly but then again... boys.

"Very funny Elliot. This is Camille, our new detective, so why not grow a personality and be helpful." Archer introduced me as I just waved my hand at Elliot, which he just responded with a scoff.

Rude much?

"Hmph, what do you want?" He asked coldly as Archer gave me a push forward and gave me a thumbs up. I slowly walked towards him and handed him the note, which he took it from my hand and inspected it.

Muttering something uncoherent under his breathe, he turned back facing his computers and began typing. And after like the whole 10 minutes of awkward silence and only the sound of the keyboard typing and the air conditioning unit, Elliot smirked and turned back to face me, handing the code back.

"Thanks for that, doll. I needed something to get me to sleep. It was so boring." He said with his voice laced with sarcasm, I raised an eyebrow as I placed back the note in my pocket. Wait did he just-

"Mind telling me about the code?" I asked, placing both my hands on my hips, waiting for him to answer which he did with a snort. "It's a simple substitution code - a baby could have cracked that shit easily than you." He said, making me losing my pateince with him.

Now I know this is how boys are but I just get so annoyed sometimes.

"So? What does it translates to?" I sclowed, leaning a bit forward to him as he just smirked at me. "Woah, hold on there doll. Don't get your panties get twisted, yeah?" He chuckled.

Nice try, but two can play this game easily and fairly.

"I wouldn't.. if I was wearing one right now." That sentence alone made Archer's eyes and mouth wide open agape as Elliot's reaction.. well he got pretty red and speechless, the way he just stared at me as I noticed him blushing on his pale skin.

Like Archer said, we French have our charms. But it feels weird.. like really weird. I never flirted anyone like that.

"So.. you wanna tell me what the subsitution code translates now?" I smirked, bending down and supported my weight with my hands on my knees, our faces were near at each other at some point. "K-Klaus Weissman." He croaked, now feeling a bit tense yet relax at the same time.

So the creepy monk was the one who wrote the message? Well that's.. oddly not surprising.

"See ya later, brains!" I said as I got Archer out of his frozen state by dragging him out of the office, leaving again Elliot just sitting there speechless.

"Come on, Archer! Let's go talk to that mad monk!"

Elliot's POV

"Come on, Archer! Let's go talk to that mad monk!" Camille yelled out as she dragged the 'pretty' boy out of the room and left.

What. Just. Happened. Did I just got fucking played with? I stared at my open door, my brain just processing what happened. That girl is.. something else.

I didn't even notice Dupont walking by the door and raised an eyebrow. "Boy, you looked like you just saw a ghost?" He asked, turning on the light of the room making me hiss, it took me a few seconds to adjust the lighting before scoffing.

"Mind your own business, would ya?" I said, standing up and turning the lights off back and went on to close the door, slamming it shut as I sighed.

Combing my messy hair up and slumped back on my seat, I couldn't help but to blush from the encounter. From the files I've read, she was being described as determined and daring - which she totally was based from that bold, cocky move she just did moments ago.

Looking back on the screens, I spotted Camille dragging Jack and running towards the exit of HQ, I could see how important this mission is to her - even if it was her first when joining the Bureau. Not going to lie, she is pretty cute up close.

Without a warning, I jolted as Lars opened the door and gave me a scare. "Oh ho ho! You met the gal, right? I bumped into them before they left." He said while holding onto my shoulders and shook me, which I just answered him with a nod, it was hard for me to answer.

He howled a laugh and patted on my back hard. "See? Told ya you'd like her - now don't mind me just coming in, I was checking on ya, okay bye now." He said as he waved and closed the door.

I groaned loudly as I shrinked back into my seat, holding and clutching onto my jacket covering my flushed face.

[▪︎]