|²⁵

Madison sat impatiently in Tara's office at the hospital, bouncing her leg up and down, biting her nails

Madison sat impatiently in Tara's office at the hospital, bouncing her leg up and down, biting her nails. Juice, who was told by Happy not to take his eyes off her for a second while he was out, sat in the cafeteria and waited until she was done with whatever she needed to do.

Five months had passed since the kidnapping and slowly, really slowly, she seemed to be getting better. The weight she had lost back then was now back on her hips and mentally she could slowly deal with the events that had happened. It was easier for her to sleep at night again, which didn't mean that she wasn't plagued by nightmaresᅳ but it was a lot better than a few weeks ago.

She had also noticed that Happy was slowly, even if it happened very slowly, able to relax a little more. Still, he didn't let her step outside the door alone, too worried that something might happen to her again. In general, he was always close to her or made sure that she was with him in the club as often as possible. And when neither was possible, it was usually Juice or Rat who got the order to keep her company. And anyway, Gemma showed up her apartment almost every day to make sure she was really okay, to make sure her daughter was still there.

One could say that almost everyone in her family had suffered a slight trauma from the kidnapping and the brunette felt incredibly sorry for that. Nobody should have to suffer because of her. But maybe she would soon have news that could give everyone some joy.

Her head jerked to the side as the office door opened and Tara walked in with a straight face. However, she couldn't pretend to have bad news for long and waved the sheet of paper in her hand with a grin.

“The results just came back”,she announced, her grin fading and forming into a smile. “You are indeed pregnant. That means I'm going to be an aunt.”

“No shit?” Madison's eyes widened with excitement, her smile stretching from ear to ear when she heard that she was indeed pregnant. Her hand automatically went to her stomach, which was the real reason why she had taken a test in the first place.

She didn't have her period for three months, however she showed no other signs of pregnancy and she, like everyone else, just thought it was psychological. It wasn't until Madison noticed that her stomach had been looking slightly bloated for a long time that she became suspicious and simply got a pregnancy test from the pharmacy, which turned  out positive.

“I'm going to be a mom, I can't believe it”, she exclaimed happily. “Can we do an ultrasound? I would love to know how far along I am. And I want to be able to give Happy something if I tell him.”

“Of course, I would have done an ultrasound anyway”, Tara nodded vigorously, putting a hand on Madison's shoulder, who was still bursting with joy. “I'm sure you're going to be a great mom.”

“We'll see. I hope so”, the brunette chuckled nervously and let Tara lead her to another room where the doctor performed the ultrasound. At the sight of the embryo, which was already larger than expected, tears welled up in her eyes. Tears of joy. And when Tara let her hear the heartbeat, she started bawling. Just because she was so overwhelmed and after the exhausting last few weeks, it was finally something nice. A glimpse of hope.