Chapter 43 - Goblet of Fire

Start from the beginning

He turns and points, making the blanket fly off, revealing the most beautiful blue cup I've ever seen.

We all clap and cheer but then I notice Snape staring at something so I turn to the Goblet.  The flames are acting strange so we all look as Dumbledore returns to it.

It turns red and two pieces of parchment fly out before the flame turns blue again and settles down.

"Oh no," Edward whispers so I look at him.

"What's wrong?" I whisper but he doesn't answer.

Dumbledore catches the two parchments and turns to us.

"Harry Potter and Isabella Swan?"

I look at Edward.

"I thought you said the Age Line couldn't be cheated," I whisper.

"I don't know how he did it."

"Harry and Bella," Dumbledore shouts.

"Go on, you two," Hermione urges.

The two of us get to our feet and walk up to the headmaster.

He holds out the two parchments and we both take them as we begin to walk toward the door.

The other students begin whispering.

"They're cheaters," somebody shouts.

"They're not even 17 yet!"

"They didn't put their names in the cups," Edward shouts as he stands.  "Somebody else did.  They knew nothing about this."

"Sit down Mr Cullen," Dumbledore orders.

We leave the room and join the other champions in the other room.  A few seconds later, the teachers and Dumbledore come in.

"It's wrong, I tell you," Maxime says.

"You French tart," Karkaroff says.  "Everything is a conspiracy theory!"

"Quiet! I can't think!" Dumbledore says.

"Everything is a conspiracy theory!" Karkaroff repeats.

"I protest," Maxime says.

"Harry! Hollie" Dumbledore says as he charges at us and pushes us back.

"I protest," Maxime says again.

"Did you put your names in the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asks with detest."

"No, sir," we say together.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No, sir!" I say.

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes.  Yes, sir!"

"But of course he is lying," Maxime insists.

"The hell he is," Crouch Junior says, still disguised as Moody.  "The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object.  Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus Charm could've hoodwinked it.  Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year."

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Mad-Eye," Karkaroff says.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do, Karkaroff... perhaps you remember."

"This doesn't help, Alastor," Dumbledore says as he approaches Crouch Senior.

"Leave this to you, Barty."

"The rules are absolute.  The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract," Crouch Senior says.  "Mr Potter and Miss Swan have no choice.  They are, as of tonight, Triwizard champions."