“It seems like they’re going to start filming Red Enemy soon.”

“They’ve finally decided on the main lead?”

Red Enemy had been delayed for three years due to casting difficulties. Upon hearing Director Yoon Seon mention Red Enemy, Cha Young-Joo took her eyes off the TV for the first time since he appeared and looked at him.

“Who’s going to be the main lead? I guess I’ll be getting really busy now.” Cha Young-Joo was in-charge of the outfits for the historical film, Red Enemy. It had been delayed because the production team couldn’t decide on the main lead. The thought of starting this long-awaited project made her feel excited. She had already completed the designs and prepared the fabric, so she was ready to start the project at any moment.

“But for some reason, why do you sound so unenthusiastic?”

“Well…” Perhaps, the actor playing the main lead wasn’t the best choice, so Director Yoon Seon sat down with a frown on his face.

“Who is it?”

“A few days ago, we made an official offer to the actor’s agency, but due to personal circumstances, they will inform him only on Monday, and he’ll then decide whether to accept it or not. For all I know, maybe I’ll get rejected.”

“No way~! When the script for Red Enemy was released, more than one or two actors fought with each other for the part. None of them got it in the end because you turned them down. Even after the auditions took place, none of the actors caught your eye, forcing you to intervene on purpose. You even complained a lot about it. There are still three or four actors that I know of… who are still obsessed with the production.”

There were so many actors coveting the part of the male lead for Red Enemy. While it was a historical film based on an actual historical figure, taking on the lead role would also be very meaningful.

“Prince Myeong-Hwan is one of the historical figures well-liked by Koreans. Even though he had a tragic life, he was a very charming person, so it’s guaranteed to be a big hit whenever a drama or movie about him gets made. Actors consider it an honor just to be called the first or second-generation Prince Myeong-Hwan. Who wouldn’t want to take on that role?” And right now, several actors aim to become the third-generation Prince Myeong-Hwan. Cha Young-Joo assured Director Yoon that there was no way he got rejected and asked who the lucky young man was once again.

“Chae Woo-Jin.”

“Ah! Chae Woo-Jin sure deserves that role. Judging from his appearance and his acting skills, he’s the perfect person to play Prince Myeong-Hwan. But what are you unhappy about? In my opinion, he seems to be the most perfect candidate so far.”

As Director Yoon Seon was preparing for Red Enemy, a movie with Prince Myeong-Hwan as its protagonist, he became as stubborn as he could. Others might call him picky and curse at him, but Red Enemy was more than just a movie; he aimed for success. Since he was a child, Prince Myeong-Hwan had been his idol, and he wanted to make an outstanding production centered on him. Thus, he had high expectations of the main character and the actor portraying him.

“He has to be perfect. I wonder if I’m uncertain because he’s too modernized for the role. I doubt he’s a good fit for historical movies and dramas. Frankly, I wasn’t a fan of all the actors that portrayed Prince Myeong-Hwan thus far. Prince Myeong-Hwan loved the arts. I didn’t like how they overly emphasized his carefree nature and turned him into a libertine, or put their focus on politics and interpreted him as a political scapegoat.” There were a lot of movies and dramas about Prince Myeong-Hwan thus far, but Director Yoon Seon brought up the two most widely known ones and clicked his tongue.