Chapter 32 - Peter Pettigrew

Start from the beginning

"Well done, you three, well done."

"I think we've had enough for today," Hollie sighs.

"Yes.  Sit down.  Here."

He hands out some chocolate.

"Eat this, it helps.  It really helps."

We sit down while he remains standing.

"And just so you know, I think you'd have given your father a run for his money."

He sits down with us.

"And that is saying something."

"Professor, who was the other man in that memory," I ask.

"That, children, was Sirius Black."

"That monster?"

Lupin sighs – a sigh that indicates he's keeping something from us but I don't ask.

"It's time you left, now," he says so the three of us leave the classroom.

That night, I am woken by Harry but before he can say anything, he puts his hand over my mouth and his finger over his.

As I sit up, I notice Hollie by the door so I get up and leave the dorms with the two of them.

"What's up?" I ask when it's safe to talk.

"You have to look at this," Harry says as he puts the map on the floor and opens it.

"Wait, Peter Pettigrew? But I thought you said Fudge said he was dead," Hollie says.

"He said there was nothing left but a finger but maybe he's not dead."

"Come on, maybe Pettigrew is the one who let Black into the castle," I say.

We hurry to the position on the map, using our wands for light and keep checking the map.

"We're in the right corridor, he's heading straight for us," I whisper.

We hold up our wands and look down the long corridor but cannot see anyone.

Me and Harry keep looking at the map while Hollie keeps an eye on the corridor.

As the name and feet on the map get closer, the three of us hold up our wands.

He goes past us on the map and we turn but none of us see anyone.

"We have to leave," I say.  "Snape's coming."

"Mischief managed," Harry says, tapping the map and we distinguish our wands just before Snape appears.

"What are you three doing wandering the corridors at night?" he asks as he shines the light from his wand on our faces.

"I was sleep walking," Harry says.

"And we were looking for him," Hollie says.

"How extraordinary like your father you three are.  He, too, was exceedingly arrogant, strutting about the castle."

"Our dad didn't strut.  And neither do we," I say.  "Now if you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you could lower your wand."

"Turn out your pockets."

"We don't have any," Hollie says sarcastically.

Harry takes the map out of his pocket.

"What's this?"

"Spare bit of parchment."

"Really? Open it."

Harry opens the map.