Chapter 28 - On the Way to Hogwarts

ابدأ من البداية

"Good job I did because it sounds like she's in a real bad way."

"She'll be okay," Mrs Weasley says before she walks away.

"Harry, Hollie, wonder if I might have a word?" Mr Weasley asks.

"Yeah, sure!" I say before the two of us follow him to a quiet area.

"Guys, some within the Ministry would strongly discourage me from divulging what I'm about to reveal to you.  But I think that you need to know the facts.  You two, Bella, and Emberlee are in danger.  Grave danger."

"Has this anything to do with Sirius Black, sir?" Hollie asks.

"What do you know about Sirius Black?"

"Only that he's escaped from Azkaban."

"Do you know why?"

We look at each other before returning our gaze to Mr Weasley and shaking our heads."

"Thirteen years ago, when you stopped... "

"Voldemort," I say.

"Don't say his name."

"Sorry!"

"When you stopped him Black lost everything.  But to this day, he still remains a faithful servant.  And in his mind you and your siblings are the only things that stand in the way of You-Know-Who returning to power.  And that is why he has escaped from Azkaban.  To find the four of you."

"And kill us?" Hollie asks.

"You two, swear to me that whatever you might hear you won't go looking for Black."

"Mr Weasley," I say.  "Why would we go looking for someone who wants to kill us?"

~Hollie's POV~

As we walk along the train, all the compartments are full but we find one that's only got one person in it.

"Come on, everywhere else is full," Hermione says before we go inside.

"Who do you think that is?" Ryan asks as we sit down.

"Professor R. J. Lupin," Hermione tells us.

"Do you know everything?" Ron asks.  "How is it she knows everything?"

"It's on his suitcase, Ronald."

"Oh!"

"You are right of course," Ben says.  "Between her and Bella, they do pretty much know everything."

"Thank you Ben," she smirks.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" Harry asks.

"Seems to be.  Why?" I ask.

"I gotta tell you something," Harry says as he closes the door and sits down before repeating what Mr Weasley said.

"Let me get this straight," Ron says.  "Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after the four of you?"

"Yeah!" Harry says.

"But they'll catch Black, won't they?" Ben asks, taking my hand.

"Everyone's looking for him," Hermione says.

"Sure!" Ryan says.

"Except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a murderous, raving lunatic," Ron says.

"Thanks Ron," Harry says.

The train screeches to a stop.

"Why are we stopping?" I ask.

"We can't be there yet," Hermione says.

Harry stands and slides the compartment door open, looking up and down the carriage before the train jerks, making Harry fall back down into his seat.

"What's going on?" Ryan asks, nervously.

"I don't know.  Maybe we've broken down," Ben says.

The lights go off.

"Ouch, that was my foot," Hermione complains.

"Sorry!" Ron says.

Ron and Ryan both look out the window.

"There's something moving out there," Ron stutters.

"I think someone's coming aboard," Ryan says, fear in his voice.

The train jerks again and we all gasp as the air becomes cold and the glass in the window begins to freeze.

The train jerks more, making us all jump.

"Bloody hell!" Ron says.  "What's happening?"

A dark figure appears outside our compartment and opens the door before a horrible scary hand pushes it open.

It stands there staring at us and we all move back through fear.

Whatever it is stares at Harry before a look of discomfort appears on my brother's face and he goes all rigid like something is happening to him.

The sleeping passenger wakes up, gets to his feet and holds out his wand, making a light appear and the thing retreats.

Harry passes out for a few minutes.

"Harry, are you alright?" I ask.

"Here, eat this.  It'll help," Lupin says as he holds out some chocolate.

"It's alright.  It's chocolate."

Harry sits up and stares at the door.

"What was that thing?"

"It was a Dementor.  One of the guards of Azkaban.  It's gone now.  It was searching the train for Sirius Black.  If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver."

He leaves the compartment.

"What happened to me?"

"Well, you sort of went rigid," Hollie says.  "We thought maybe you were having a fit or something."

"And did any of you... you know... pass out?"

"No!" Ben says.

"I felt weird though," Ron says.  "Like I'd never be cheerful again."

"But someone was screaming," Harry says.  "A woman."

"No one was screaming, Harry," Hermione says.

Harry looks toward the window, deep in thought.