Chapter 2: Let Bygones Be Bygones

The next day wasn't any better than the last. Shaballa was being a prick, Aaron was scolding me about 'being too prideful', and some of my comrades weren't listening to me. They were just standing around playing on their phones. "How many times do I have to say this? Stay. On. Task! This ain't recess at some elementary school!" I screamed as I snapped my fingers at them. 

Ay yai yai! These people are driving me nuts. We should definitely prohibit cell phones on the battlefield since these people think they got better things to do on social media than staying alert. This is the type of entitlement I have to deal with! Pfft, and Aaron says I'm too prideful. Why get mad at me and not these motherfuckers, huh?

It's like I'm always getting blamed for the things other people did. In fact, why am I on scouting duty, anyways? I feel like I should be doing something else, but I'm stuck with these dummies instead. I feel like the General is trying to torture me by putting me on this stupid mission because he knows that I don't like impotent people. I mean, they're not exactly impotent. Lazy describes them better, but you knew what I meant.

As I was standing near a watch tower, I see something rather strange. A group of people on the enemy side were just standing around hunched in a circle, whispering amongst themselves. What are they planning? I thought to myself. Hopefully, they're not thinking about sneaking into our base again. If they are, ooh I got something for them. 

The next time they do on my watch, I will not hesitate to blast their brains out. They made me look like a fool last time. Let's see whose the fool when I separate their heads clean off their shoulders! One of our enemies spotted me staring at them and alerted the group. They all looked at me and separated with nervous expressions. 

"That's right. Be intimidated..." I said under my breath. My ear flicked impatiently as they all went back to their stations. I then looked to see where Shaballa is, I know that man is sneakier than anyone on his team. That's probably because he's smarter than any of them. His intelligence is a threat to my team, so I need to keep a close eye on him at all times. 

Shaballa noticed me staring at him and then I tried to look away in time. "The hell are you looking at, muttonhead?" He asked in an aggravated tone. "What? I didn't do anything." I replied. "I saw that look, dumbass. You just can't get enough of me, can you?" Shaballa said between chuckles. "I'm pretty sure that's just your pride telling you that. Who else would shove their head right up your ass other than yourself?" I tried to roast him back.

God damnit! That sounded way better in my head and it came out weird. Shaballa blinked at me in offense. Did that actually offend him? Wow, he must have a really weak bone if he can't handle weak insults such as that. "Excuse you? This ass right here is clear as the sky!" Shaballa retorted. "Oh yeah? That must mean that your ass is more polluted than Lahore in Pakistan!" I giggled. Now that's what you call a roast. He growled at me in frustration. 

~Shaballa's POV~

Ugh! I can't believe she shot me down just like that. I couldn't think of a better roast than that. I gotta admit, Liana has gotten better at her insults, but still... I feel pathetic, but I still tried to act cool. Damn, that was pretty good. Not even I thought about that. I mentally complimented her. But that doesn't mean we're friends now! I would never side with an enemy! Even if Liana wasn't my enemy, she's annoying as hell. Just thinking about her makes my blood boil.

If I had the opportunity, I would punch Liana in the face a thousand times or more! That's how much I hate her guts. As I lied against the crate comfortably, I looked up to the sky. I wondered how my life would look if I didn't work here. In the midst of my daydreaming, I looked at an oddly shaped cloud. 

It looked familiar to me, like it's in the shape of a face. I looked harder and to my surprise, it looked really similar.. to.. Liana? I shook my head to snap out of it. Surely, I might be going crazy. I looked to see where Liana was, but she already walked away. I scanned my enemy's side and saw that Liana was leaning against the pole while watching my side of the battlefield.