12

Derek

It's finally Friday. I've barely left Stiles' side, when he wasn't at school, since we started this whole thing and honestly I wish I would have realized how I felt so much sooner. It's amazing, I love him so much, but I'm scared that I'm gonna lose him as soon as he realizes I'm a monster. That's what I've always been and what I always will be. Right now I'm sitting on the couch in the loft waiting on the pack to get here. They all told their parents they were staying over for the weekend because they can't go home covered in blood and bruises. Scott told everyone to get here at 6 tonight, I told Stiles to come over whenever he wanted to if he wanted to hangout before the rest of them got here. He gets out of school in 10 minutes and he still has to go home and get his stuff and drive all the way here so I'm not expecting him to be here for around an hour. I told Isaac, Boyd, and Erica to go pick up more snacks and drinks before they came home and to make sure Scott didn't need anything else for the mission before they came home, so hopefully that will keep them out for a while. Stiles told me he was going to try and tell at least Scott and Allison today or at least soon and I told him I was ok with it, I think now that I'm with Stiles I don't really care if anyone else knows about me.

I heard talking and footsteps coming up to the loft, four sets. I could smell Stiles, but I didn't know who else was with him. When I catch his scent I can't focus on anything else if I don't want to. On a mission I can but for some reason when we're at a pack meeting or just hanging out I can't smell anything other than him unless I really focus. Stiles opened the door and came in alone. "Hey." I stood up and started heading his way. "Hey, who else is here?" "Scott, Lydia, and Allison. I told them about me, about us. But I wanted to do something before they came in." "What's that?" He had slowly walked even closer to me as he talked, now only inches away. I pulled him in by his waist and he wrapped his arms around my neck. He leaned in and kissed me slowly. I moved my hands up his back, pulling him closer and I felt his hands tangle into my hair. I pulled away after a while, needing to breathe. "I love you." "I love you more." He kissed me one more time gently before pulling away.

"You guys can come in now." We were still standing close together, barely a foot between us. The three came inside and all sat down on the couch together. I grabbed Stiles' hand and led him into the kitchen. He followed closely behind. "I've been meaning to ask you something." "Go on." "Stiles, will you be my boyfriend?" I practically whispered it, a little nervous even though I didn't want to show it. "Of course I will." He pulled me into a hug and I kissed him quickly. "Now, how are we gonna tell the rest of the pack about us?" "I have an idea, but I think it'll be more fun if you don't know what it is." "Stiles, come on. Just tell me." "No, I'm not telling you! You'll find out." I let out an irritated groan that he cut off with another kiss. Finally we separated and went to the living room, the pack should start showing up any minute.

"Congratulations guys." Scott spoke the second we sat down on opposing ends of the couch. "Why were you listening to us Scott?" "Because, I'm nosy, obviously." "What Derek meant to say was thank you." I rolled my eyes at him and then the door opened again. Thankfully it was just Mason and Corey, neither of which had supernatural hearing. "Hey guys." There were more greetings and then we started talking about random things, well everyone else talked and I listened. Most of the pack was scared of me, it seemed like Scott, Stiles, Malia, and maybe Theo were the only ones that weren't afraid of me at all. Theo was a part of the pack as much as any of us, even if Malia still hated him for no real reason. He technically didn't do anything to her directly and he had apologized a million times over for what he had done, but I heard they've been sitting next to each other in English class so maybe they're working on it. As we continued to talk the rest of the pack, including Theo and Parrish, filed into the loft. At some point I moved to stand against the wall of the room, I felt like everyone was more comfortable when I wasn't in the middle of everything. Once everyone had piled into the living room, Scott got up to talk.

"Alright, everyone knows their job for tonight, we're gonna get this thing. We've taken down stronger enemies and defeated bigger giants. We can do this. We all know the plan, if anything goes wrong we come back here. If we get separated we meet back here. If we get hurt, we come back here. If, for some insane reason, the loft is destroyed, we meet at the entrance to the reserve." Everyone nodded, giving their full attention to Scott. "And remember that we can do this, we are strong enough. And if we don't get it tonight we will have other opportunities." Everyone nodded again, still focused on Scott. "Alright, everybody relax and do whatever you need to do to get in mission mode, we roll out in an hour."