Chapter 17 - Chamber of Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Harry, Harry, Harry, can you possibly imagine a better way to serve detention than by helping me to answer my fan mail?"

"Not really!"

"Fame is a fickle friend, Harry.  Celebrity is as celebrity does, remember that."

I begin to hear whispering and look up.

"Come... come to me..." the eerie voice says and I hear something moving.

"What?" I whisper and Lockhart looks up.

"Sorry?" he asks.

"That voice..."

"Voice?"

I look around before returning my gaze to him.

"Didn't you hear it?"

"What are you talking about Harry? I think you're getting a bit... drowsy."

He turns and looks at the clock.

"And great Scott, no wonder, we've been here nearly four hours.  Spooky how the time flies when one's having fun."

He looks around nervously so I look up.

"Spooky!" I repeat.

"You can go now, Harry."

I leave the room and begin to make my way back to the dorms when I hear it again.

"Blood... I smell blood."

I look around.

"Let me rip you... let me kill."

I place my hand on the wall and follow it along as the sound of movement continues on the other side.

Suddenly I run into Bella, Bam, Hermione and Ron.

"Did you hear it?" I ask.

"Yes," Bella says.

"It's the other side of this wall.  I think it's going to kill."

"Kill," Ron asks.

"Come on," Bella says and we follow the sound until we reach another corridor where there's a puddle of water.

I cannot hear the sound or voice anymore so I look at Bella who shakes her head.

I begin to follow the water until I notice tiny spiders crawling along the floor, up the wall and out a hole in the window.

"Strange," Bella says.  "I've never seen spiders act like that."

"I don't like spiders," Ron says, nervously.

"What's that?" Bella asks and notice she's looking down.

In the water, it looks like there's writing on the wall so we look up to see what's causing the reflection.

There, on the wall, in red, is written 'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened enemies of the Heir... beware.'

"It's written in blood," Hermione says.

I stare at the writing for a few seconds before I notice something.

"Oh, no," I say as I move closer to it.  "It's Filch's cat... it's Mrs Norris."

The cat is suspended upside down in mid air.

I hear footsteps and turn to see many students approaching.

They all begin to whisper and gasp.

"Enemies of the Heir Beware?" Draco asks before he turns to Hermione.  "You'll be next Mudbloods."