The Phantom Age

Two centuries ago the world was brought to its knees by the forces of darkness

Two centuries ago the world was brought to its knees by the forces of darkness. An evil god known only as The Phantom King and his wraiths from the underworld slaughtered their way through Morcatia and nearly brought the world to complete ruin. The Phantom King shattered every great nation until the only remaining humans were the people of Merla. With the forces of darkness just outside the country's borders, King Cyrus rose to meet them. Cyrus drew upon the ancient magic of light and created a great army to face the wraiths of darkness. After a year of constant and bloody war, Cyrus finally met The Phantom King in the fields of Merla. An earth-shattering battle of light against darkness shook the earth. King Cyrus thrust his greatsword through the heart of The Phantom King. As he fell the forces of darkness retreated from Merla. All was not well though. Cyrus was mortally wounded in the battle. He succumbed to his wounds, a great corruption spreading through his body. At the side of his deathbed, The Queen Iza, in a fit of raw emotion, rage, and sorrow, drew the light magic from within Merla and created Five beings that would soon lead her great effort to bring the world back to completion. These Five Primal Commanders would each claim a beast from the land, call upon them, and use their spirit to create the Queen's Primal Warriors, who will stop at nothing to reclaim the shattered realms corrupted by wraith magic. After 200 years of war, the Primal forces have gained some ground, reclaiming Thesus. This is a record of the great wars of Morcatia.