The Charity Event - Part 1 (Updated)

The F1 teams hold an annual charity event during the break between the Hungarian and the Dutch GP to raise money for a chosen charity. This years charity is Race Against Dementia, which was established by Jackie Stewart.

Everyone looks forward to this event every year, including all the drives. It's a chance to push the boat out and raise money for a good cause, as well as have a good time and party. Even ex F1 drivers attend, as well as notable celebrity guests.

Everyone begins to arrive, and are having photos and interviews on the red carpet. It's great media coverage. Which, in turn generates greater donations to the chosen charity.

Lando arrives with Alex, and his partner Lily, both men wearing well tailored tuxedos. Lando's a navy blue and Alex in forest green. Lily in a matching coloured ballgown.

A few others are there already, Charles makes his way down the red carpet with Fran, he's in a baby pink suit, matching with Fran's dress. He is joined by his old teammate Sebastian Vettel.

There are a few notable celebrity guests this year; John Taylor of Duran Duran, Florence Pugh and Travis Barker are just some of the names.

Some time passes and there is a bit of commotion at one end of the catwalk. It's Lewis, and he's with Millie, stood hand in hand in extravagant outfits. The paparazzi are going crazy for the apparent lovebirds. Their first official outing together.

They're wearing matching outfits, Lewis a lilac suit, patterned with pop art flowers. And Millie in a strapless floor length gown, with the same design.

Lando notices the commotion and looks over, and when he sees it's them, his face drops, his heart aches.

Millie can't help but feel out of place, this is something she definitely isn't used to. She tries her best to stay away from these kinds of things as she hates the media circus.

"So guys, I see you've chosen to walk the red carpet together." One reporter states.

"Well I was meant to be walking with George but he wouldn't wear the dress" Lewis jokes, winking at the camera.

Slowly but surely the guests make their way into the venue, a beautiful art deco ballroom, everyone takes their seats. Ted Kravitz takes to the stage thanking everyone for attending and provides information on how to donate to the charity.

The drinks are flowing and the music is blaring, Lando is trying to forget about Millie and enjoy himself however he can't help but notice that she and Lewis have been absent for a good while. He hasn't seen either of them since the red carpet.

A booming voice over the PA system interrupts his thoughts. "May everyone please take their seats? And raise a glass for Jackie Stewart?"

A video from Jackie Stewart is played on the projectors around the room.

"Welcome everyone, welcome. I would just like to say a huge thank you for supporting my charity, as many of you know my wife was recently diagnosed and this spurred me to create Wings for Dementia. I wish I could be with you in person, but as you know duty calls. " A round of applause fills the room as they give him a standing ovation. "Now I'd like to welcome onto the stage some extremely special guests who have a surprise in order to help raise even more money for this amazing cause."

The lights go dark and the stage curtain lifts, revealing Lewis Hamilton. And a small orchestra.
"Good evening guys, a few months ago a good friend of mine came to me with an idea."

Millie enters stage left, holding a guitar.

"And at first I thought she was insane." He chuckles.

Sebastian Vettel appears, also holding a guitar.

"But then, I had a serious think about it."
He grins, "We put our heads together and got to thinking how we would go about this."

Charles Leclerc enters stage right and sits at a grand piano.

"So we asked our friends for help. And help they did" Millie smiles, taking to the microphone.

John Taylor also appears on stage, bass in hand.

There's excited murmurs in the crowds.

She continues... "We've kept this a secret from everyone, our closest friends and family."

Travis Barker appears behind a drum kit.

"But here tonight, we present our charity single." She announces.

*** Song - Set Fire To the Rain - Adele ***

[Millie]
I let it fall, my heart
And as it fell, you rose to claim it
It was dark, and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

[Lewis]
My hands, they were strong
But my knees were far too weak
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

[Both]
But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true
And the games you'd play
You would always win, always win

[Lewis]
But I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
[Millie]
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

[Lewis]
When I lay with you
I could stay there
Close my eyes

[Millie]
Feel you here forever
You and me together
Nothing is better

[Both]
'Cause there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true
And the games you'd play
You would always win, always win

[Lewis]
But I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

[Millie]
I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
When it fell, something died
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time!

[Lewis]
Sometimes I wake up by the door
That heart you caught must be waiting for you

[Millie]
Even now, when we're already over
I can't help myself from looking for you

[Both]
I set fire to the rain
[Lewis]
Watched it pour as I touched your face
[Millie]
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

[Both]
I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
When it fell, something died
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time.

For the entire performance Millie's eyes are fixated onto Lando, and his eyes onto her. He understands why she was so hurt. Whilst he thought she was sleeping around with Lewis they were planning this. He feels awful for what he did. But he's also filled with pride, he's extremely proud of Millie, all of this... was her. He's mesmerised as she sings, her voice is angelic, it's moving, and he can't help but shed a tear of happiness.

The song ends and there is silence for a moment, then a roar of applause and a standing ovation. The curtain closes and the band make their way off of stage.