Yumi's horror evening

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." "Now, I know you, I know what you would want, but...I must be sure." Ulrich said, nervously. "I want to do perfectly."

Yumi just smiled, slight red appearing on her cheeks. She took Ulrich's hand into hers and looked at him.

"Firstly, I want to keep this coat, it's fluffy," Yumi said, as Ulrich immediately nodded, looking like he wouldn't care if she emptied his whole closet. "Second, what about a picnic? Or a meteorite shower watching?"

"There is a meteorite shower today?" Yumi nodded, as Ulrich smiled, happiness radiating around him. "Okay, I...Yumi, could I pick you up today at 7 to go watch a meteorite shower with me?"

Yumi loved that Ulrich wanted to do this properly, there was no doubt. But one part of her immediately wanted to tell him yes the moment he mentioned 'date', but the other one wanted to see him flustered.

"Gladly, I'll be ready." Yumi smiled, and let go of his hand. "And thanks for the coat!"

"For you, everything," Ulrich mumbled as he watched Yumi slowly walk away to the forest, knowing she and the two Einsteins had something going on with guarding Lyoko.

/-/-/-/

Aelita couldn't help but become worried. Not because of Lyoko, but because of Jeremie slowly reaching for his laptop every now and then. He said he won't do work...but she knows him well enough that he will.

"I couldn't help notice." Jeremie's dad, Micheal, said, obviously implying at Aelita. "But your hair doesn't look dyed."

"Yes, my hair was pink from my birth," Aelita said, remembering the few pictures she had with her. "It probably came from my mother."

"Ah." Micheal stopped asking since he had a quick 101 list of things not to ask Aelita, and the first one was not to mention her parents. Safe to say Aelita wasn't that happy when he showed it to her.

She looked over at Jeremie, who was already typing on his laptop. Aelita sighed, and leaned onto his shoulder to feel him beside her, and also to see what was he doing.

On the screen was a chat box between him, and Franz Hopper, her father, along with a couple of windows opened. She quickly read the messages.

Franz Hopper: So that would be it, but are you sure the modules are right?

Jeremie: Yes, just before Aelita's materilisation I repaired even the functional ones.
Jeremie: Just...if I may ask...I have our friend, Yumi, guarding the supercomputer at night, so...could you notify her before doing it?

Franz Hopper: Yes, of course. That's no problem from my side.
Franz Hopper: Technically, I should be asking Aelita for permission to use the interface.

Jeremie: Because she technically inherited everything from you?

Franz Hopper: Yes, because Lyoko wasn't a military project, only Carthage was.

"What's Carthage?" Aelita whispered loud enough for Jeremie to hear, and for Micheal to not.

"A project that your father worked on after he finished Lyoko, but Carthage exists also in Lyoko; Sector Five," Jeremie whispered back, showing her a map of Lyoko, and pointed at the center where a sphere was.

"I always thought it's just a connector, but it's a whole dedicated sector where the heart of Lyoko lives, and the only sector inaccessible by XANA." He continued. "And your father wants to run the first materialization tests on himself tonight."