Emotions

This title should've been "Lovey and Lazy"

"Aelita, what happened?" Jeremie asked, kneeling down to the pink-haired girl, who was in tears. He was just at the corner heading to the cafeteria when he heard her cries.

"I-I ran out of the c-cafeteria," Aelita said, not lifting her head up. "Because t-they shouted a-at me." 

Jeremie sat down next to her, rubbing her back and trying to calm her down. But she did something unexpected; Aelita laid down on his lap, continuing to cry. Jeremie didn't know what to do, and was kinda unsure, since the lunch break would be over in some time, and everyone would see them if they looked towards the forest.

"It's going to be alright," Jeremie said, trying to comfort her. Instead, he did the total opposite.

"No, it will never be alright! I am the outcast of this whole world!" Aelita screamed into his face, while also getting closer.

"You aren't, you are as human as you can be." Jeremie, while being scared of the girl, reassured her, which made her calm down. "And if someone sees you differently, it's their problem."

Aelita hung her head slightly down, and giggled, which confused Jeremie.

"So you see me as a human?" Aelita said. "Which wasn't the thing you said the first time we met."

"You were an avatar in a Lyoko, and even then I felt you must've been a human before; you knew how to laugh!" Jeremie said, making Aelita slightly laugh, and she lifted her head up. Jeremie looked at her, and with his thumb gently wiped the tears from under her eyes.

"What time is it?" "About 12, why?" Jeremie asked as Aelita stood up from the comfortable position.

"I was supposed to meet the principal at 12," Aelita said, grabbing her notepad from the ground. "Want to come with me?"

Jeremie nodded, and stood up, soon following the girl toward the principal's office.

/////

"Ah, good blackmail I must say," Odd said, looking at the picture again. It was Aelita laying in Jeremie's lap, while Jeremie was rubbing her back.

"You know that Jeremie wouldn't want you to take pictures of him." Yumi, while leaning on the wall behind her, said.

"And? It's not like he will be mad..." Yumi just looked at him, her face saying 'you sure?'"...right?" 

"Whatever reason they had to be like this, I'm sure it's not our business," Yumi said, looking at the time. 

"Well, if Jeremie will run away with Aelita to live another lif-" "What are you talking about???" Ulrich, who was approaching them, asked the idiot.

"Odd is thinking what those two are doing," Yumi said, pointing at the tree. "And I swear it's annoying." 

"No, it's not!" Odd defended himself. "Clearly you want to know why are they like this too."

"Why should I care? Even though Aelita just came to this world, I'm sure she knows what is right and what is wrong." Yumi said, giving up on arguing with Odd. "And besides; it's Jeremie who is scared, not Aelita." 

"Aelita told you something, didn't she?" Ulrich said, also making Odd curious. "Jeremie came back late, so there must be something."

"Well...
-------------------
"I'm here," Aelita whispered as Yumi opened the door for her.

"Took you long enough." "Yeah, Jeremie was showing me some stuff," Aelita said.

"Something is going on between you two." Yumi winked at the guest who blushed. "So it's true!" 

"N-No," Aelita said. "He is a g-great friend, that's all!" 

"Sure he is just "friend" to you" Yumi mocked. "In that bag are some clothes I gathered, and some essentials. And tomorrow at 12 you should meet the principal to discuss the dorms and other things." 

"Thanks, Yumi." Aelita moved closer to Yumi, and hugged her, who did the same.

"Now sleep, or you won't be awake early." Yumi chuckled and pointed at a bathroom.
----------------------
"...maybe?" Yumi said, scratching the back of her head.

"Oh, come on. Tell us!" "Odd, I think you should stop interrogating her." Ulrich stopped the boy and looked at Yumi, who nodded as if she was saying thanks.

"Either way, they left." Odd quickly looked to the tree, which was unoccupied.

"And there goes more blackmail." Odd gave up, and walked away, to the cafeteria in hopes he would get some more food.

"Thanks for making him stop," Yumi said, to which Ulrich nodded.

"Sure, I know how he can be annoying." Ulrich laughed. "But he is a great guy, he should just think some things over before doing them."

"Like?" "Probably 80 percent of girls in this school don't even want to see him." Ulrich laughed, Yumi joining him.

"You know, he said that he already dated everyone in the school, except Sissi," Yumi said as they both began walking towards the cafeteria.

"What are you implying?" "Well, Aelita and I are on the 'except' list too," Yumi said. "And as far as I know, even with his nickname for her there's no way she will date him."

"And I can't wait to see him being rejected." Ulrich sheepishly laughed.

/-/-/-/

Aelita knocked on the principal's door, waiting for the reply from his assistant. 

"Come in." Aelita opened the door, stepping inside, Jeremie following her in. He didn't have to be there with her, but seeing she was nervous, he went with her for emotional support.

"Ah yes, Miss Schaeffer, the principal is waiting for you." The assistant said, pointing at another door. Aelita nodded and opened the other door. There sat the principal, who was going through some papers. When they closed the door, he lifted his head up from the papers and smiled at the two.

"Miss Schaeffer and Jeremie, good to see you two." The principal said as they both sat down. "I called you in to discuss your application."

"Mhm." Aelita nodded.

"So, of course, you were accepted, seeing the overall score surpassed more than 95 percent of students here." The principal said, pulling out another paper. "So, despite it being the middle of the school year, I talked to the foundation and they agreed to pay for your tuition." 

"Wow, thank you very much!" "A good word that came from your friends helped it too." The principal said, pointing at Jeremie sitting next to her. Aelita smiled at Jeremie, who slightly blushed.

"So, here's your key to your room, along with your schedule, and other things will be explained by Miss Hertz once she finishes her classes and meets you in your room in the evening." The principal finished his talk. "That's all. You can go." 

They both left the office, Aelita squishing the bundle of keys in her hand. Jeremie noticed it, not knowing what is wrong.

"How?" The only thing Aelita said, as she looked at Jeremie. "How did you do all of this?"

"You did." Aelita was slightly shocked when she heard his response. "You did the test by yourself, remember? And the "good word" we said were true things about you." 

"So, you and others..." "Yes," Jeremie said. "We all wanted you here."

Aelita couldn't help, but leaped onto the blonde, hugging him tight.

"Thank you!" She screamed into his neck, while Jeremie still tried to process what happened. 

"Y-You are w-welcome," Jeremie said. Even though he hesitated at first, he put his arms around Aelita, trying to hug her.