Come back to me

Context: They're practically strangers.

Place, time and form: Nintendo and their neighbourhood, any year, human forms.

Personalities: Canonical personalities.

Henry's P.O.V:

I was walking home after a long and exhausting day of work. I couldn't wait to just get home and relax. It was getting dark and the sun was setting as I walked through the industrial areas, and much of the expected traffic had passed already, so the roads were quiet. By the time it was dark, I was almost home. A few cars whizzed past as some final late-night traffic, and I was about to turn down a different street when I saw something strange. It was my co-worker, Austin. He stood with his back to me on the edge of a bridge, looking quite distressed. The bridge overlooked a large river that ran through the city and you could see all the buildings from up there. I was about to leave him alone, but my mind told me something wasn't right. Then it hit me.

He was going to jump. 

I ran across the road without a second thought, trying to get to him before something bad happened. I mean sure, I didn't really like him but...I didn't want to see him end up the way I almost did. 

As soon as I got near him, he back up even further. "S-Stay back! I'll jump! I'll do it!" He edged closer to the railing, threatening to jump.

I dropped my bag instantly and held my hands up in a calming motion. 

"Austin, no...you don't have to do this. You have a lot to live for." 

"Yeah? Like what? I'm a failure." 

"No, no! You're not...I'm actually...kinda jealous of you."

"Jealous? Of me?" He looked confused for a second, before remembering that I worked at Nintendo as well. I nodded my head slowly, trying to get closer to him. 

"Come on Austin...don't do this to me...come back to me." 

I saw tears sting his eyes as he slowly edged closer to me. 

"That's it...come on."

He slowly got closer to me, and I extended my arms out to him to pull him closer. He came and wrapped his arms around me, his tears soaking into my sweater. And we stood there for a while, just hugging under the flickering streetlamp.