Cashing It In

Mindy and Whiff ran off the ferris wheel and ran all over the park searching high and low for Mindy's prized pearl before coming across the stage where in a puff of green and orange mist, Koilee revealed herself to the crowd. ''Hello Oniontown, my name's Koilee, what's yours!'' She caught sight of Mindy in her disguised form. ''Mindy! What a sight for sore eyes, I believe you lost something here. Could it be, THIS?'' Koilee revealed the locket in the palm of hand. Mindy's eyes grew wide in horror, Whiff turned to her. ''Mindy, you know this girl? Can you tell me who she is and why she has your necklace?'' ''Oh she didn't tell you, her clueless human lover boy. If you could only know, who Mindy really is. Wait a minute, now you can!'' Koilee removed the pearl and put it in a small compartment in the top of her staff, pointed it at Mindy. ''Feet to fin, legs to tail!'' The staff shot a pink laser at Mindy, no matter how hard she tried to resist, the scales kept forming over her legs, brown hair bleached blonde and by that point in the floating bubble of pink light she had realized that her mermaid heritage was something she could never hide from Whiff. The truth coming out was always inevitable.

Whiff looked at Mindy in shock, this Mindy was the same Mindy who saved his life in that hailstorm and now she was flopping like a fish out of water, short of breath and Whiff decided to return the favour by tossing her into the nearby dunk tank so she could breathe again. ''Make my girlfriend human again, NOW!'' ''Nope, no way, she lost the pearl. Now her soul is mine , she will serve as my apprentice brewing potions, no, curses! To usurp control of the entire mermaid kingdom and you will never see her AGAIN! '' ''You never mentioned that part!'' ''She's an evil sea witch, of course she wouldn't mention the catch.'' ''Koilee, I'm ready to cash in my favour to you. So what is it that you want from me?'' ''Simple, let me date your boyfriend for one day.'' ''Okay but you'll have to make me human first.'' ''Fine.'' Koilee used her staff to reverse the mermaid transformation. Koilee removed the pearl from her staff back into the locket and teleported down to where Whiff and Mindy were. As it was getting dark the two went back to Whiff's place, Mindy was ready to leap into the sea and join her mom in her undersea home. ''Feet to fins, legs to tail.'' She closed her eyes and dived in only to be desperately crawling back to land coughing and sputtering. ''Oh right, I'm stuck being human.'' She resided in the cave, crafted a bed made of driftwood with the white shirt with Whiff's scent as her blanket. ''What I would give to be back home? I don't know when, I don't know how but I know I'll get my pearl back and when I do, I will be part of your world.'' Gazing up at the stars in the sky the way she and her mom would admire the bioluminescent jellyfish, radiating pink and blue light. ''Goodnight mom.''