Ch 2: Quirk Evolution

Narrator Pov

Kaito walks to his desk, setting his notebook down while booting his laptop on, he writes in his book a bit before the screen opens to his home screen, a collection of pictures showing his family and friends, a soft smile on his face as he looks over them. He opens an application and starts a video call, now waiting for them to join. He doodles in the back of his book as he waits for them to join, Katsuki and Izuku pop on to screen and wave to him to which he does the same.

Izuku: "You two still up for All Might's training?"

Katsuki: "Damn right! We need to work hard if we are going to surpass him!"

Kaito nods in agreement as he listens, his doodle turned into the face he had when he transformed, pure white eyes, menacingly sharp teeth, a grotesque tongue behind them. He sighed softly, catching the attention of his friends.

Katsuki: "What about you Kai?"

Kaito: "Sorry, spaced out. What did you ask?"

Katsuki: "Do you still plan to help with the training?"

Kaito: "Ya I'll join. I need to figure out what that transformation was as well."

Izuku: "You haven't been able to make it happen again?"

Kaito: "No, been trying to replicate the situation in my head but nothing happens."

Katsuki: "You'll get it eventually. But talk about unexpected, you get All Might's quirk Deku."

Izuku: "Heh, ya. It's pretty crazy."

Kaito: "Your face when he said it, I couldn't stop laughing."

Izuku: "It wasn't that bad."

Katsuki: "You froze up. I bet you would have begun muttering if we weren't there."

Kaito: "Found the best image to show what your face was like."

Izuku: "Oh no..."

Izuku laughed seeing the gif, Katsuki laughed his ass off enough for Mitsuki to yell at him to quiet down, we put him on mute as they shouted at one another, Izuku only chuckling as I sighed at the family antics

Izuku laughed seeing the gif, Katsuki laughed his ass off enough for Mitsuki to yell at him to quiet down, we put him on mute as they shouted at one another, Izuku only chuckling as I sighed at the family antics. Kaito looked around his room, thinking he heard a someone say his name.

Izuku: "You ok, Kaito?"

Kaito: "Huh, oh yeah. Thought I heard someone but never mind."

Izuku: "Alright, also thanks by the way, Kai."

Kaito: "Hmm, for what?"

Izuku: "For being a good friend, sticking with me, making Kacchan realize he had to change, and for everything else."

Kaito: "Ahhh, don't start getting sentimental on me. You're gonna make me tear up."

He wipes a fake tear away for Izuku to roll his eyes, Katsuki unmuted himself and joined back in, they talked for a bit longer before calling it a night. They were in for a rough time tomorrow with training. Kaito changed and fell asleep, the night went peacefully as he slept, but in his mind, something lurked, watching and waiting.