Years ago, his Master had prophesied her rebirth, and that is when they had begun their journey to find the girl. He knew she would awaken soon after the Pandemic started, and when it ended, it seemed like it was a play of Fates, the first in his favour. The girl had practically landed right in their hands, and with the arrow bleeding out the proof, he couldn't have been more ecstatic.

After centuries, he felt the feeling of triumph awaiting him.

For years, his orders asked him to stay in touch with this man, who had money like filth, but his obsession with the Athanatoi was slowly bleeding him dry. He questioned cautiously every time his Master asked him about the man and updated him unswervingly, never understanding why the eagerness persisted to know about the life of a human who knew nothing but failure when it came to understanding the Athanatoi.

But now, Reus thought of his Master and how he always had an inkling about this man. Had he known all this while? Reus speculated, and an affirmative answer frightened him more.

"We will be waiting for you to bring us something more than just news." Her voice brought him back to his reality. "Until then, do not contact the Master; he is growing impatient with words," she warned him, covering her face with a hood again. Dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt, she looked comically different from her true self. He had fought battles with her beside him, but time had made her blend in and pretend to be an unknown young adult on the streets of a busy city, always hiding behind a hood, always showing half her face.

"I will bring her, sister." He bowed to her as she walked out the door. She didn't spare him another glance. They had not always been this way.

Melinoe was once one of his fondest siblings. But the war had changed her into someone he didn't recognise but still loved deeply. She was distant and cruel now, but to him, she was still the elder sister who had been there during his rebirth, protected him and fought relentlessly with others for him. But she vanished when he hid with the others after the war. Some began to mourn her loss, but he didn't. He knew she was alive; he could still feel her.

Decades turned into centuries, and it was on one of the occasional days that he got to visit his Master that he saw her again. And since he saw half her face scarred by a weapon that could only be found in the hands of the children of a God he had grown up to hate, he swore to bring the Olympus down to take revenge for his sister; centuries had been devoted to giving him a chance again.

"If they step foot in London and somehow last another day, I will serve your head on a plate to my master, Taylor," he spat as the human shivered for the hundredth time since entering the room.

Pathetic, he growled. He had sworn allegiance to the Master on the day he resolved to fight for his sister, but his persistent orders to babysit this human were beyond his understanding. He saw what Reus failed to see, but he also assumed that an Athanatoi had the patience to keep up with the emotions and feelings of a human.

"I-I will have my best men tracking them from the airport – "

"You sent the best that you had to be a bait during my attack, you asshole!" Reus snapped and held the man by his collar, trying everything in his power not to puncture his veins. "If she has uttered more than I think she knows, I will use that same arrow on you, and you will not survive like Aethera." Satisfied with the shiver he earned, he let the man out of his grasp, sending him stumbling.

Reus calmed himself down. For whatever reason, the Master thought right; he had to follow the command to keep this abomination alive. Maybe this man had more purpose than to keep up the distraction; a distraction that had worked enough to make Aethera and Art leave their sanctuary.

He smiled then, reassuring himself that he had to deal with nothing but a newborn warrior who would fall within seconds if he faced him and a girl who was a walking weapon but had not even realised her powers. If he played his cards right, he could have her as soon as they landed in London.

And to Reus, that would be half the war for his sister, and Master won. 

━━ αθάνατοι ━━