"However, all the actors who look like her son, according to CEO Choi, end up making it big."

"...?"

"Surprisingly, CEO Choi likes her husband a lot. She says he's the most handsome man in her life, so she brags about how the most good-looking men in Korea look like her son."

Perhaps she had a conscience, and so she could not say that they looked like her husband. Thus, she compared them to her son instead. Nonetheless, from CEO Choi's point of view, that was the best compliment she could ever give.

"She's still blinded by love. She clearly has a keen eye, but she has the worst taste. Her taste when it comes to being obsessed with romance, as well as her inability to give up on it, is the worst, but as far as the standards of objective assessments are concerned, she's better than everyone else."

Kim Sang-Jin wanted to tell Woo-Jin that he had been praised by such a person, but he did not have the heart to do so. Even though in the eyes of the Supreme Witch, her husband and son, were the most handsome men despite looking like toads, getting compliments from a woman with bad taste was not that great.

"So, ultimately, the person who recommended me..." Woo-Jin began. Regardless of who he looked like, the most important thing to Woo-Jin right now was finding out who was the person who had recommended him to CEO Choi.

"It's Director Moon. He recommended you to me and I put you into the group of candidates, but it was CEO Choi who selected you from the list, not me."

"Did Director Moon personally recommend me?"

"He... didn't exactly recommend you, but he complimented you a lot. He said that regardless of the role you got, you would play it well. That was as good as a recommendation in this small industry where everybody knows one another." Kim Sang-Jin, the master of tricks, smiled at Woo-Jin as he shamelessly defended himself. In other words, Director Moon's compliments about Woo-Jin had unintentionally landed him in this plight. He added, "There's no way for you to get out of this as long as you're under the curse of the witch. Still, you'll certainly be rewarded, like the other victims who have been in your position."

All the people who had been involved in G&C's romance films, which always failed miserably, had been guaranteed their next job after the films ended. Whether they would succeed or not was up to their own abilities and luck, though. Nevertheless, at least in terms of investment and casting, G&C had certainly done everything they could in their favor.

Nonetheless, all the actors wanted to reject those projects because they did not want to tarnish their track records. In most cases, the male and female leads chosen by the Supreme Witch were already at the peak of their careers. There was no reason for them to take part in such a movie. On the contrary, there was a high possibility of getting their reputations ruined. For example, there was an actor who had fallen into a slump after being in one of G&C's romance films. He had been given the nickname of 'rice soup actor' after that. [1]

Woo-Jin sighed and nodded. If he could not escape, it was better for him to face the situation head-on. There was nothing for him to be afraid of as he had no image to ruin, and he felt less pressured knowing that the film was going to be a flop. People would only know that he had acted in such a movie if he got lucky enough to become famous later on. Only then would it appear in his filmography, and it would also be a little embarrassing if people dug up videos of it. But that was a problem that future Woo-Jin would have to deal with.

Furthermore, Glooming Day focused on the story of the male and female lead. The slump and rice soup reputation would not be applicable to Woo-Jin, who was only a supporting actor. In addition, the film's content would be so boring that people would not even be interested in the male and female leads. Nobody would notice the supporting role without a single line throughout the entire movie. It was just a diary of a jealous, gloomy man who observed the passionate love of a pair of lovers that was akin to midsummer's blazing heat, hence the name of the movie.

Become A Starजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें