Chapter 4

“That’s funny because my little brother is the boy you just broke up with in the store.” He says with a glint in his eyes and a small smirk on his face. Your eyes widen and you come to terms that this is H/n. “You actually ran into me earlier after seeing e/n with the cheerleader. I saw them and I saw you walking towards them at the same time and it pissed me off that he would even think of doing that so I went to confront him and we got into an argument about it. Push came to shove and the coaches had to break it up. I went to the water fountain to fill up my water bottle then as I was walking back you ran into me and that’s when I asked if you were okay and then you-""And then I ran off…I thought your voice sounded familiar but I couldn’t tell since you had your helmet on.” You say, cutting him off. You both look in eachothers eyes for what seems like forever. You examine his features; his sharp jawline, his more than muscular arms, the tattoos that run up his neck and sneak out at the end of his hoodie sleeves, and the dark gaze he held.
Then he breaks the silence, “If you need me to stay with you I can.” He offers softly. You slightly smile at his kind words. “Thank you but you should get back to your team, I heard you guys always throw parties after games even if y’all lose.” You say. He thinks for a minute while looking at the ground then he speaks. “Fuck the party, you look like you’ve been through hell today…and it’s best I don’t go” he says. “Why not go? It’s your team party.” You ask confused. He looks around for a minute as if he’s trying to avoid the question. He sighs and says, “My brother is going to be there and is probably bringing that chick and if I’m there and have to sit through that knowing that he hurt you and she doesn't care I’m going to lose my shit.” You look at him kinda shocked that he would say that or feel that way. “Ok then, stay with me.” He looks down at you with a small smile and says "So, where to?"