Chapter thirty three

Start from the beginning

"Umm, Taehyung?" Jungkook looked to his left. He saw Taehyung listening to something, earphones plugged in.

For a moment, he didn't want to disturb the boy who was in the zone. His eyes fell on Taehyung's hand which was elegantly creating strokes on the sheet, his blue locks falling on his eyes.

Jungkook was unable to look away. The light from the window cast an ethereal hollow around Taehyung. It entranced him.

He knew he shouldn't stare too much and he tried to break free from this enchantment but Taehyung's beauty wasn't allowing him.

Jungkook subconsciously raised his free hand, gently brushing away the blue locks semi-covering Taehyung's eyes.

His eyes widened as he retracted his hand when Taehyung jolted at the touch, breaking off focus and looking at him with those mesmerising eyes.

"Is- Is there something you're finding difficult?" Taehyung took off one earphone, heart thudding against his chest, butterflies somersaulting in his stomach. He was astonished at the move but tried his very best to act chill.

"I— I'm sorry for touching you like that." I have no idea what's going on with me and you look beautiful right now. A red tint crept up Jungkook's cheeks who was embarrassed at his actions and thoughts.

"Oh," Taehyung gave him a shy smile, "It's okay." His voice was faint and mellow, a slight blush appearing.

"Can you help me with this part?" Jungkook asked, pointing at the sketch sheet and trying to divert his attention.

"Sure," Taehyung leaned closer and his sweet fragrance had a lightheaded effect on Jungkook. His gaze again went to Taehyung who was explaining how he could shade the shadows but Jungkook kept losing his focus.

"Did you get it?" Taehyung tilted his head to find Jungkook's face only inches away from his. He froze, wanting to pause time and cherish in this beautiful moment.

"Yeah," Jungkook whispered, unable to name this fuzzy and beautiful feeling. Neither he nor Taehyung moved, only kept falling and falling into the depths of each other's eyes.

Taehyung's heart throbbed when he wanted to enclose this distance so badly. It's what he always dreamed of, desired and wished for but he knew he couldn't.

He knew it was way too early for that. The thought added a tint of sadness into his gleaming eyes and he gradually moved away, clearing his throat to get Jungkook back to focus on the task.

"Let's complete this," Taehyung uttered and Jungkook was baffled as to what happened.

He swore there was something in the moment. He could feel it but he had no words to voice it as he never felt it before.

_______________________

"Leave them alone for a while and they be having their k-drama moment," Jimin whispered to Yeji who was super proud of herself for capturing that on camera despite being outside the clubroom and peeking in from the window.

Both entered, followed by Yoongi and Hoseok. The four of them had a pretty decent time in the council room, two getting scolded, one making fun of them and one getting a headache.

Hoseok got an earful from Yoongi. He didn't mind it and grinned at Yeji as soon as Yoongi looked away. Jimin snitched about it and the pair got a scolding glare.

"Got yourself a hot date and you're acting as if you're royalty. Wait till I tell Tae about your hypocritic ass." Yeji scoffed, going to her art supplies. She paused, watching Minho constantly stare at Taehyung. She went to him, snapping her fingers, "What you staring at?"