FINAL CHAPTER: WE ARE ALIVE NOW.

Start from the beginning

" Sakura, I'm going to become a mother, " said Ino, " I know, "

" Sakura. Are you listening, it's me we're talking about. Ino Yamanaka, your best friend since the academy: we were friends when we didn't even know what boys and girls do when they grow up. Me, the same girl who insulted you and called you names, because I was young and foolish. That me, is going to become a mother; "

Tears no longer able to be contained, bursted out, streaming down the young Yamanaka's fair cheeks. Immediately, Sakura got down on her knees and takes hold of Ino's hands.

" You're right, you are going to become a mother. But you're no longer that young and foolish girl, neither of us are. I mean look at Naruto, he's become so strong and smart, this village can no longer contain him; and Sasuke has changed so much that he can smile genuinely now, give hugs and kisses and say the sweetest things.

" I've become someone who has found a brother in the most unlikely candidate: Konohamaru Sarutobi. He's grown so much, that I couldn't have gotten through Sasuke's absence without him. I can call him a brother, because he was closer than no other. Everyone has changed, and now you're– " " it's him " Ino interjects.

" Huh? Him, who are you talking about. Is that a name, " asked Sakura.

" I wasn't planning too Sakura, I swear. I didn't think I would get pregnant; Sai and I did it several times, and nothing happened and so I wasn't expecting anything. I just wanted to lift the weight that was on my shoulder, you have to believe me, " said Ino hastily.

" Slow down Ino, what are you trying to apologise for... Who's the father, is it someone I know, It's not one of my teammates right? Sai isn't responsible. Naruto is busy getting with the Mizukage, and Sasuke was busy with me. So who–do I know...that could have the time, "

Sakura backs away slowly, as the thought of the probable soon to be, baby daddy of her best friend's unborn child began to dawn on her.

" Wait Sakura, don't misunderstand. I didn't know you two were that close... " said Ino getting up as well.

Sakura steps further back, lifting her arms slightly up. " No. You can't be serious. No. It can't be... Him? " Sakura stops, looking at Ino in perplexity, " Konohamaru is your unborn child's father? "

Once the words had left Sakura's mouth, a flower vase that was on Sakura's windowsill fell to the street ground and shattered.

Blue and green eyes, tilt abruptly to the window, and looked on in shock.

- SEVERAL MINUTES EARLIER -

Konohamaru sitting on the rooftop of a civilian apartment, watched Sasuke ascend up into the sky, before the Uchiha disappeared into the clouds.

' Sasuke leaving like that. It must be something related to big brother, right? ' Konohamaru thought.

The young Sarutobi wasn't entirely sure as to why the Uchiha was leaving, so he put it out of his mind, and tried not to be bothered by it.

Konohamaru remained in the same spot for a little while, before he began to hear a pair of familiar voices. He looked down, and discovered Ino and Sakura were going towards Ino's apartment. Konohamaru got up unto his feet in haste, and as soon as he did, Konohamaru remembered Ino was a sensor and decided to sit back down in quiet deject.

' she told me not to follow her. I should avoid troubles with big sis, and stay away. Just like I've been doing, '

Konohamaru tilts his head down to his right; at the chocolate cake that remained as intact, as it was when he had presented it to Ino. Konohamaru sighs exasperatedly.