CHAPTER EIGHT

At the closing of the door, Mei Terumi spun around and pushed Naruto against the door. Her self defense instinct had gone off, and she was certain that no matter how strong Uzumaki Naruto was, she won't be victimized in her own village.

Both her hands held Naruto's arm in place against the door, whilst her emerald eyes looked at him with fury, which lasted for about three seconds before it deflates at the sight of a pair of weary eyes belonging to the blond hero.

" Naruto? " she called out in a soft tone, but she got no response despite the ocean eyes staring back at her were open.

Mei Terumi observed, and she was surprised to discover that the Jinchuriki was asleep.

' Unbelievable, he opened the door while still sleeping. This must have been because of his fever ' she thought.

Mei Terumi thought about what to do, and after thinking about it, she decided to just lay him down on the couch. An objective she found to be difficult to achieve, as Naruto's body proved to be highly difficult to move, which she understood, seeing the body he was working with.

" What in the world did you do to yourself, " she said.

Left without a choice, Mei Terumi sat Naruto down, and she stood back with her eyes daring not to look below his jawline. The Mizukage stood before the blond, wondering what to do next, before Naruto's unconscious body began to fall sideway.

Mei Terumi reacts before Naruto's head could hit the floor, she got down and sat beside him, then braced his head with her shoulder. The Mizukage thought of two ways to go about this perplexing situation, either to push the blond out of the way of the door, and leave. Or just stay by his side till he wakes up.

" Neither of my ideas are good. One involves hurting you, and the other involves hurting me. What should I do, Naruto " said Mei staring at his clothes and scroll that were on the floor.

While she deliberated, Naruto's arm snaked around her's, and the blond's hand lowered and took Mei's, interlocking their fingers. Mei's heart skips at the warm contact, and slowly her head tilts to left, and down to look at their joint hands, then back to his face.

The blond's eyes were now sealed shot, but yet Mei was not comforted by the fact that he was asleep and unaware of everything he was doing.

After a little while, Mei gets used to the feeling and eventually was lulled to sleep by the warmth of his body, and of his hand interlocked with her's. . . A few hours later in the middle of the night, Mei Terumi's eyes opens up as her consciousness stirred awake.

At the opening of her eyes, her vision remained blurred, and her mind had become slightly disorient. Causing her to wonder where she was, as the place appeared unfamiliar, with the white light bulbs up at the ceiling, filling up the place with light.

Mei tries to move, and thus noticed she was on a couch.

' Where is this? ' Mei thought.

The Mizukage's eyes slowly tilts to her right, and there in the middle of the room, sat Naruto cross legged before his scroll of sealing, opened by a quarter; the blond was back in his blue puffy pants, however without his hoodie on.

As her emerald stared at Naruto's immaculate, well worked out back. It came rushing back to her.

' He must have placed me on the couch when he woke up. I wonder how much he remembers '.

" Has your fever gone down? " she asked.

Naruto turns his body slightly in her direction, and he looks at the Mizukage, with an expression she was familiar with. Mei Terumi stared back at the blond's face, and she saw the look he was giving her was a look of someone that's far away.