CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Start from the beginning

" Why does it though? ", " huh? What do you mean " He asked looking at the Mizukage.

" You say your life is so much better with me in it, and I don't know why that is... I mean, it wasn't that difficult for you to stay away for a year and half, you aren't even planning on seeing me because of your current situation. It makes me wonder if I would ever see you again if this was a permanent situation, so I just don't understand how I make your life better. It is quite obvious you can do without me " said Mei Terumi.

Mei Terumi takes a swig of her tea, while Naruto watched stunned, Mei Terumi waited for Naruto to say something or anything contrary, but he kept silent. And getting no reply, Mei Terumi placed the tea cup on a small table in front of them and got up.

" I don't think I'm needed here, so for the sake of courtesy I have to have a brief meet and greet with the Hokage. I dropped in unannounced, I wouldn't want to leave in the same manner, " said Mei Terumi " I hope all of this gets resolved and you return to normal. ".

" Normal uh, I haven't known that since I left you " said Naruto as Mei Terumi was about to walk away. " A year and half, it must have been quite swift in your eyes if that is how little you thought of me "

Mei Terumi turned around to face him with a frown, " what nonsense are you spewing, swift? I have not had a time as slow as that year and half you so casually say. And how could you have the gall to think I thought little of you, when you keep hounding me with those letters or was that just to pass the time " said Mei Terumi with a accusatory tone.

" You've read them, have you not. Then you should have drawn your own conclusion, did it look like I had so much time to spare that I thought, 'oh I remember a Mizukage whom hardly feels anything for me, and I don't have anything important to do, so let me just write a letter that takes hours to write for the fun of it and hope she reads it' is that how you think of it? " Naruto asked with a frown of his own.

Mei Terumi's fiery gaze softens somewhat, " of course not " she says.

" Then why do you think, I had it any easier than you. For the sake of my sanity I write those letters, cause despite me having the ability to travel the distance and come to you. What exactly would happen, tell me please, that I may feel more bad than I already did about not hearing your beautiful voice and not basking in the energy of your presence. " said Naruto.

" So why is my life better with you in it? I don't know, maybe I'm just twisted like that and I can't differentiate between fantasy and reality. Either way, I know for some reason you get me, and I've never had that before. Which is why I'm going to cling to you this time, pursue rather than wait, just like you did ".

Mei Terumi heaves a strong sigh, " I'm sorry. I've just really wanted to talk to you, it's been quite long, " Mei Terumi sits back down on the couch, " tell me, as the main target of this unknown and unprecedented attack. What do you make of the situation; your friend the medic says the daughter of the Ichiraku restaurant told her about a man of sort walking in and sitting beside you. Do you recall? " asked Mei Terumi.

" It almost sounds like you were worried about me, " " of course i'm worried about you. You're still just a child, you can't die yet. At least, not without paying me back ".

Naruto nods with a smile. " I'll be sure to do that, and for a heads up. My repayments might come across as unconventional, so don't hate me when I start " said Naruto, " I'll decide that when I see your first payment, and just so you know. I plan to collect for as long as you draw breath, " she said.

" I do plan on drawing breath for a very long time... Now to share the tale of Naruto Uzumaki's regal return, and the misfortune that befell him in less than an hour " said Naruto humorously.