Chapter 3: Of Ranks and Skills

((Hello everyone, thank you for your viewership. Sorry took a while due to classes, one thing I learned is that I will never want to write in APA format ever again. Anyway, this chapter was also a little hard to work on due to having to study the various source materials to do some skill craft as well as learning a little bit of Vol4 study. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter, comments, and likes are appreciated. Don't be scared to tell me if I did something wrong. Again, I don't own Tensura or its characters.))

{Location: Veldanava's Void}

It has been a week since Akinoko's last visit to the other world. Currently playing a card game with Veldanava, betting with memory crystals as there is no currency in this realm. It's the tenth round and Veldanava is winning. Feeling suspicious about his winning streak, he looks up from his hand to observe Akinoko's expression. "Are you sure you're not letting me win Aki?" he casually spoke.

"No, you just improve." Akinoko kept her poker face and played her hand. Veldanava could only squint trying to see if she was lying to him. There was no shift of emotion as he played his hand, another royal flush, "I've won the last five rounds, it just feels that you have been purposely giving yourself a bad hand."

"But I won the first five, so..." Akinoko casually reminds him as she passes her crystals to the older dragon. He could only sigh as he checked on his status.

"It looks like I'm fully charged." He stops the game as he decides to take note of what they worked on. In the center of the room was a magic-infused circle with an integrated design. He walked to the circle and eyed it, pondering on the information he gleamed with his knowledge. "Ok looks like it is almost complete, now for the last steps we just to concentrate on my magicules and see what happens." Akinoko follows him and stands on the other side of the circle. She decided to check on the circle and confirmed the information.

"Ok, I will start pouring out my magic, cover me when it tries to go rogue."

"Ok my lord"

With that, Veldanava started to release his magicules slowly. The circle glowed in various colors, and multiple smaller circles floated along in a rhythm of up and down. As time passed by Akinoko did what she promised, whenever his magic went rampant, she would take control guiding it and when it became weak, she would supply more force using her magic. Soon, a major surge pushed both backward by a couple of inches, making the cards and crystals fly off the table and the field shake slightly. Then it died down and the light faded. Akinoko fell to her knees exhausted while Veldanava struggled to keep himself upright.

"This took so much out of me," the older man stated, catching his breath, and feeling his muscles tense as he willed his magicules to return to him. After taking a couple of deep breaths, he reached his still-recovering companion and offered his hand to help her stand up. After taking some deep breaths to recover, she stood up and asked, "Did it work?"

Veldanava looks up as if looking at something in the void. Finding a satisfying answer, he looked back and nodded "It seems to have worked better than we expected, though we have only been able to extend it to at least four more days."

"So, a week, I can work with that." She confidently stated, "With that, I should at least have a hint on how Lady Milim became a Demon Lord." Steadily she retrieved her bag and waited for Veldanava to send her away.

"Ah wait a moment Aki, there is something else we must do."

He then summons a book from within himself. Handing it to Akinoko, once she looked at it, she just stared at Veldanava in shock. "Is this..." "Yup, a book of skills I can remember so far." The older man said chuckling to himself as he saw her expression.