՞՞19՞՞

We lied to Lizzy and said that our plane would land in the morning to make sure she slept the night before her graduation. In reality, our plane landed at 3 a.m. and by 4 a.m. we were back home.

"What if she thinks we're burglars and kicks us in the balls?" Nick whispered as we approached the gate, struggling with his suitcases. Actually, he was carrying both his and George's.

"If we keep it quiet, she probably won't even wake up," I responded in a hushed tone, even though there wasn't any logical reason to whisper outside.

"You think she's asleep?" Nick sounded in disbelief.

"What else would she be up to at 3:45 a.m.?"

"Probably sitting in a circle with candles, trying to manifest my death," Nick added with a sigh, "or having a chit chat with her 3 a.m. demons that provide new salad recipes."

Their beef is never going to end.

"Maybe you and I should just head to our house," George suggested to Nick, shrugging. "In other words, his girlfriend, his issue to deal with."

"Oh shit, I forgot we had a separate house!" Nick exclaimed.

It's likely because they're only at that house when it's time to sleep.

"Alright, I'll catch up with you in the morning then," I nodded, adding, "Just give me a call or send a text if anything."

I just wanted to make sure they understood to notify me before entering our room, but deep down, I recognized that they never had and probably never would.

We went our separate ways. I spotted them entering the house while I was still grappling with opening our door quietly, attempting to minimize any noise. After a bit of effort, I managed to succeed. I left the suitcase in the hallway and proceeded to remove my jacket and shoes, all in the darkness.

The flight was really long, and Nick slept on my shoulder the whole time, so I felt pretty sweaty and gross.

I decided to take a shower downstairs. The showers and our bedroom were soundproofed like my filming room, so I didn't think she'd hear anything from upstairs while she was asleep.

But as I came out of the shower and was wrapping myself with a towel, I saw my phone going off with notifications.

Mine❤️: idk if you see this but I'm hearing noises from downstairs

Mine❤️: if you come back and find my dead body don't be surprised

Mine❤️: or if you see that I'm acting weird tell nick to perform an exorcism on me

Mine❤️: it worked the last time

She's so dramatic, I love her so much.

I know it was a little bit cruel, but I decided to play along.

Clay: what noises?

Mine❤️: omg you're here!!

I know she meant here as in I was reading her messages, but my dumbass turned around to check if she was in the bathroom with me.

Mine❤️: idk I heard noises😭

Clay: you should go down and check

Mine❤️: fuck no I'm scared

Clay: I'll keep texting you while you do it

Mine❤️: no☹️