՞՞3՞՞

I didn't sleep well that night, and in the morning, I rolled to the other side of the bed to hug Clay's arm, finding it odd that the weight of it wasn't suffocating me yet.

Then I realized he wasn't there. I woke up, a sinking feeling in my chest. Trying to not think about it that much, I quickly grabbed my phone to see if they landed safely.

Cleo❤️: we are hereee

Then there was a picture of him and Nick that George probably took, trying to make it look like they were holding the Eiffel tower. Trying is the key word here.

Those messages were sent 2 hours ago. But there also was a recent one.

Cleo❤️: I love you so much <3

What if I start ugly crying at 7 a.m.? It hasn't been a day, how am I supposed to survive 2 weeks?

Lizzy: I love you so so much <33

Lizzy: so happy for you!!!

Lizzy: btw that jackets looking fire on you🫦

He read my texts immediately and started typing.

Cleo❤️: ty ty

Cleo❤️: why are you up so early?

I could tell him that I rolled to his side and got sad that he wasn't there and then lost my will to go back to sleep. But I could also lie to avoid making both of us sad. Which is exactly what I did.

We ended up facetiming. He started telling me all about how his day had been going so far, and I listened to him with so much interest that I didn't realize how we talked for almost two hours. I could listen to him talk for days and not get bored.

But knowing that he probably had so much to do, I kept it short when he asked me about my day, and let him go enjoy his time in Paris.

I also noticed that George and Nick had sent me text messages, and it was kind of adorable how each of them separately decided to let me know that they had landed safely.

At least that's what I thought the texts were gonna be about.

St. Nicholas✝️: UR BF IS SLEEPING ON MY SHOULDER HIS HEAD IS SO FKIN HEAVY WHAT DO I DO

St. Nicholas✝️: HES HEAVY BREATHING IN MY EAR AND ITS TICKLING MY INSIDES HELPPPP

St. Nicholas✝️: HOW DO I TURN IT OFF

I checked the time, and the texts were sent 3 hours ago. Also, the day Nick stops typing in all caps is the day my migraine will cure itself.

Lizzy: lucky :(

I was about to leave the chat and reply to George when Nick started typing.

St. Nicholas✝️: dw bbygorl you'll sleep on my shoulder too when we come back ;)

Lizzy: I meant lucky you nickhead

I meant to write dickhead but nickhead was way too good of a typo to correct.

St. Nicholas✝️: oh

St. Nicholas✝️: ew

And finally, it was time to check George's messages.

He sent the same photo I had already seen in Clay's chat. Maybe because he was the one who took it.

Gorg🥰: Liz you put so many pills I don't know what is what I'm going crazy