v. silly fools

─────────────────chapter five:silly fools─────────────────

─────────────────
chapter five:
silly fools
─────────────────

Daenerys felt as though her plan was falling right into place. Especially after her encounter with Daemon's new guests.

"So, you believe you'll be able to sway him on our side?" Jace sounded skeptical as he popped a grape into his mouth. He decided to share morning supper with her in the dinning hall along with Lucerys who hadn't spoke a word since he arrived. "Mayhaps this conversation should be had in private quarters," Luke finally muttered while forking his scrambled eggs. Dany found it hard to believe the meeker of the two boys had been a direct cause for the loss of Aemond's eye.

Though, the truth in the matter was, Lucerys did take Aemond's eye. She never brought it into conversation — Dany knew better than to do such a thing.

Daenerys nodded as she finished the last dark red cherry from the table, savoring it's sweetness. "No one else dares to even enter this quadrant of the castle. At least not with Daemon around," Jace's voice strolled in the air in a matter-of-fact tone. His younger brother could only sigh with a shake of his head. "Mayhaps your brother rests a valid point," Daemon's domineering voice lingered like a chill in the air. "You never know who you can truly place trust in."

He strolled into the holdfast taking a seat at the head of the table, opposite from Daenerys. His eyes never once left hers as the words spilled from his lips — it was a clear jab to her.

"Have I not proved myself? If everything goes according to plan, Aemond and his dragon will be at Rhaenyra's whim." She clicked her tongue in annoyance. But, instead of allowing Daemon to invoke her anger, she took a deep breath and leaned back into her chair.

His lack of trust was understandable.

Dany herself went through many betrayals in her short lived previous lifetime. Though, being on the opposite side of the coin — being the one striving to gain said trust, was proving to be a challenge. Deep down she knew Daemon was right. They did not have a solid enough reason to put trust into her. This was something she'd have to learn to respect, whether or not it made her duty difficult.

"I should be taking my leave and prepare myself for my meeting with the king," She excused herself from the table without so much as meeting Daemon's looming gaze. "Yes you should, my guests would not take lightly to tardiness," Daemon called out as she stalked out of the holdfast.

She had to remind herself to take a few rooted breaths. Dany had been thankful her quarters were not placed far from the holdfast, which quickened her preparations. She could see the steam from her scalding bath leak from underneath the chamber doors as she neared.