iii. loyalty lies

─────────────────chapter three:loyalty lies ─────────────────

─────────────────
chapter three:
loyalty lies
─────────────────

She was kept under a close eye after being engulfed by the flames.

For a moment, she truly believed the miracle followed her through time. But, she tested the theory after being left alone in her chambers. Reaching for a flicker flame offered by a long, slender, waxy candle her hand instantly felt the burning sensation. Daenerys knew better than to deny after this encounter a possibility that Rhllor was real — and he had chosen her.

Soon enough though, Daenerys would take back the power she once had. As her namesake, she'd use fire and blood to get back the gift of truly being unburnt.

A rough knock unfocused her thoughts as she caressed the small burn on her hand. Without further warning, Daemon and Rhaenyra practically marched into her chambers. "Pray tell, which demon have you sold your cunt to in order to pull off that little trick in the throne room." Daemon gave a wry laugh before seating himself on a nearby chair with Rhaenyra remaining at his side with a wary gaze.

With a lifted brow, Daenerys found a smirk forming on her lips. "As I've said — I am here to save the Targaryen Dynasty. War comes for all of us and only I can save you."

Daemon could not contain a burst of laughter that bubbled in the back of his throat. "Witches are not welcomed here."

"I am no witch. In truth, I only seek to be of aid to you both. I know a war between blacks and greens is nipping at our feet. If that were to proceed as it is done in history...our line will be no more."

Rhaenyra shared a look between her husband before he pinched the bridge of his nose. "You may not believe the words I say. Even then though, you could benefit with another formidable dragon and skillful dragon rider on your side. Perhaps that fact alone could make a good standing between us." Her eyes held a look of plead — she knew this needed to work in order to fulfill her destiny. She felt it deep in the pit of her stomach as she did with most choices she believed true.

"Prove to us you are on our side," Rhaenyra was firm with her words, earning an approving nod from the future king consort. "What would you have me do?" She bit the inside of her cheek at the sound of desperation in her voice. It reminded Daenerys of her youth, when she eagerly sought out for approval. "Must we explain every fucking detail to you girl? I am sure if your stories are true, you can figure out a way to prove your loyalty," Huffed out Daemon with an eye roll.

His wife rested a hand on his shoulder as if to calm his rising temper. "We shall keep in close contact at all times. By two days time we should expect a thorough plan from you. For now, we promise to bring you under our protection. Report directly to us if any vile threats or accusations are levied against you," The heir's voice was that of a mother — comforting and warm. Or at least what Daenerys imagined a mother's voice to sound of.