Chapter 22

Aadvika's Pov :

     The bright yellow and orange hue painted the sky into something dazzling . I watched as the sun set through my hospital window.

It was evening.  Ritu left with the two ladoos.  They had school tomorrow. But they both threw a tantrum not wanting to move an inch from here.
And when Divit returned,  he convinced them to go home with a promise of letting them visit tomorrow.

The way they hugged Divit,  saying they would miss us both,  made me feel how lucky I am.

Now, it was just me and Divit here.  Oh yeah and my little angel who is snoring cutely.

Divit had his laptop, which he must've brought when he went to change. He was donning a dark blue tee and a black jean.

He sighed and looked up,  catching me red handed.

"Do you need anything? " he asked. His hands as went up to his hair and ruffled his black curls.

"Ummm. No,  it's just... " I couldn't come up with an excuse.

He kept staring and gave me his full attention.

I turned around and looked at my bag. "Ahhh, yeah.  I need to change. " It was true though. I badly wanted to shower and change.

He made a 'O' with his mouth and took his laptop with him as he stood.

"I'll be out if you need anything.  Tell me after you've changed. " he made his way out. And on his way out,  he lifted the bag and put it near my bed.

"Don't lift anything heavy.  Doctor's Advice. " he said as he pointed at the bag.

I smiled and nodded.  He was collecting his phone and moving out,  when I called him.

"Divit. " he stood frozen in his place. Then he turned back.

"Yes?"

"This isn't my bag. " I said looking at the dresses in it.  Nothing odd.  But they were all colourful.  I only had black sarees or white ones.

"It is yours. " he simply shrugged.

"No I don't have these clothes.  You must've mistaken. " I said trying to tell him that a widow shouldn't wear such colours.  I'm finally away from Paati but what would she tell me,  If she saw me wearing this?  What will the society say?  And whose clothes is this even ?

I worked my usual over thinking shift on this topic.  But Divit's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Aadvika, I brought those.  You do look bright in black.  But you'd look even better in other colors.  And these dresses are much softer than your previous ones,  so it'll be comfortable for you.  You have wounds on your back from the fall you had.  So you should wear light clothes. "his voice held concern shocking me to the core. 

"But I'm a..... " I trailed as I do not know how to tell him it is not suitable for me.

"Shhh.  No more words.  I know what you're about to say.  That's superstitious.  Like you only have to wear black.  Then should I also roam around  only in black clothes? "

"Why would you go around in black clothes? " Before I could think,  those words  rolled off my tongue.

Then realization hit.

"You're a... " he cut me off.

"Yes I'm a certified official widower.  Just like you.  But the difference is, I do not wear black clothes and do not  listen to the society. "

He said making me shut. Like that explains why his wife isn't here.  Poor him and my ladoos.

I didn't want to pry about his personal life though I was very much curious.