Eyes

AN: haven't proofread, so beware of typos and misplaced words ;)

Just an amateur, so you'd find mistakes.

And please take note that they are base jobs.

----

"They're beautiful."

"Excuse me?" Add nearly choked on his coffee.

"Your eyes, they're beautiful." Elesis stated again.

Add sat across Elesis by the table. Just the two of them. He didn't know how Elesis got inside his lab or when she got in, but he didn't care. He was too busy thinking about the plans he made about improving his dynamos after his short break.

"How did you get it?"

Add frowned. "Get what?"

"Your left eye and the scar."

Add tightened his grip on his coffee mug. "Why do you even ask?"

"Out of curiosity, I guess." Elesis shrugged. "They have this weird kind of glow that makes me attracted to it. They're beautiful, you know?"

Add was taken aback upon hearing this. This was the first time he heard a compliment about his eyes, aside from his mother. Usually people would feel uneasy about him due to the sinister look in his eyes, but this time was different.

With a scowl on his face, he took the last sip from his coffee and stood up to go to his workplace.

"Wait!" He heard the chair's feet being dragged as Elesis stood up. "You haven't answered my question yet..."

Add groaned, "I'm busy for today, so can you please stop disturbing me?"

And with that, Elesis huffed as she watched Add go back to his workplace. Returning to her seat, she crossed her legs and watched Add do his work from afar.

He wasn't that far, really. But his lab was huge enough to be a king's room. There was a desk a huge table between them, spare parts stacked on top. Then, more desks were beside the walls. Some boxes were also stacked neatly on the corners and shelves that were filled with thick books were beside it.

After looking around for sometime, Elesis went back to staring at Add, who was already stiff because of Elesis. Of course she noticed.

Few minutes later, Add had enough.

Dragging his hands down his face, he groaned. "If I tell you why, will you stop staring at me like that? It's distracting."

She widened her eyes in surprise. "Really? All I did was just look around the place and then stare back at you-"

She grinned. "-I guess that must be distracting..."

Bringing a chair in front of Add, she crossed her legs, eyes shining in excitement. Add cleared his throat, placing his elbow on his desk and resting his cheek on his palm.

"There's nothing to be excited about." he rolled his eyes.

"Just get on with it." Elesis pouted.

Add groaned, clearing his throat again for the last time.

"Well, I--" he hesitated, shifting his eyes from the left to the right. "--I got my left eye and my scar when I was in the process of making my dynamos."

Add found himself staring at Elesis, who was staring at his eyes as if she was trying to see more inside of him.

"W-what?" He tensed up, again.