VOLUME II: The Beginning of the Song

Sing, oh Muse, about the journey of Musagona, the nameless warrior, descendant of the knowledgeable Odysseus, about their travels, from a mortal to the dead. Where they flew high up, falling from the islands of the stealing towards the kingdom of Hades.

The tale has started, their fate's been sealed. And a prophecy has been spoken by the Oracle in Delphi. Her words rings the skies, coming from the Fates and not the gods, as it reaches everyone without their realization.

MORTE: The Monstrous Companion of the nameless warrior
Morte, a friend of them, his beauty often compared to the Elysian Fields, shall always love you like a brother would love their younger sibling. Their friendship is one that shall never be questioned, and must never be. A bond of loyalty, a friendship started ever since they were young. A bond between pet and hnmau, a bond to never be broken.

J. SCHLATT: King of Cretes
With the wine as his only lover, he depends on his warrior and royal advisor to fulfil the most basic tasks, relating to his island. Where his subjects live in tyranny, the cursed knight chases away its monsters. When his subjects are oppressed by the drunk, it's the partner in crime pushing the laws forward. Now gone from his nation, and with slightly loosened power, he has time to think, drink, and admit, with Dionysos as his witness.

TUBBO UNDERSCORE: Crown Prince of Cretes
A grandson of Bacchus, who feeds his father the wine, only watches in admiration at the warrior with no name. The satyr looks up at the person he desires to be his parent, over the drunk monster he's been given instead. A boy who's never felt true love and affection, now finding it in the cursed.

WILBUR SOOT: King of North Argos
The ambitious Wilbur, the once winged grandson of Hades himself, has been known for his cunning and his charisma. Though even with all of him that is good, there comes a darkness that follows death wherever he goes too. The dark side of the moon, invisible to anyone who only looks up to him. A dark side anyone has, though he suffers from more than he realizes. Constantly trying to outshine one of his colleagues, he may look at his future light with a sense of uncertainty and jealousy, though once he'll be enlightened, the light will blind him.

TECHNOBLADE: Warrior of North Argos
Ares' son, leader of the Syndicate, and a highly-respected warrior, covering the battlefield in blood no matter who his opponent is. A blood-thirsty monster, as some call him. A merciless killer, others say. But what happens when he too meets similar blood? Cursed, they are, just like he is. A familiar ground they stand on, just like he does. High expectations for two warriors; neither of whom can pray the price for failure. A great start for a friendship, if that is, at least, what the both of them truly want.

TOMMY INNIT: Crown Prince of North Argos
This ray of annoying sunshine has no intent of being professional. He'll jump up and down like a toddler, and be a bit too excited, but his fascination for the scarred warrior that came to his birthday, shall never be extinguished. The great stories from his best friend, regarding the seemingly stoic hero, have only made him idolize them more. And likely, he'll never stop doing so, desiring not to be a king like Wilbur, but a warrior like them instead.

FUNDY: Prince of North Argos
The oldest son, yet the last in line for the crown. This would anger any child, desiring his father's attention and affection. A child, having lost his mother too early, now finding comfort in a foreign warrior. The nightingale in his chest screams to be freed from his cage, wanting to sing about his passions and love for the Cretan warrior, but he's perfectly aware of the scandal that may or may not follow. And yet, he can't help but fall, and continue falling, as he watches himself become a part of the ravine, that must or must not lead to his own doom of obsession and hatred.

NIKI NIHACHU: Physician of North Argos
A priestess of Asclepius serves her king and god with loyalty, forced to remember the painful truth of Greek life and the gods cruelty, despite trying to hide her past desperately. Her job is her biggest reminder to losing her blood, as another secret hides behind her smile, a betrayal waiting to happen. However, despite her determined ideals, even she can't pretend as if she's stepping in the traces left by her dear friend, towards the ravine. A ravine she is yet to see.

QUACKITY: King of Attica
Prophesized to kill his own lover, he too tries to hide behind a mask of nonchalance, where he's supposed not to care and show how much he's above the gods and the seer. The king has yet to notice the Cretan warrior in their true light: hating their king more than that he's curious for their life. And if this will ever change, is only the question.

SAM DUDE: Royal Advisor of Attica
He is a warden as much as he is a prisoner; one of Quackity's most trusted allies. He's been in the position before, which will soon enough become familiar to the beloved character in this story, of a victim to desires. He might feel for the Cretan warrior. Or he might feel something else for them. What the case truly is, or truly will be, is a question that can only be answered as time continues running, chased by nothingness.

SAPNAP | King of Elis
A son with a great history, though one many of his kind have. A passionate man, torn in half by his love. Though he's still blind for any other options, who knows what his eyes will end up falling on? Or more importantly: on whom? Is it perhaps his estranged fiancé, stuck in grief for something that didn't die? Or the silent warrior, whose presence he has certainly noticed?

KARL JACOBS | Seer of Elis
Some would say he's deranged, others praise his wisdom, but one thing is certain: he's a trusted priest of Apollo. Plagued by a traumatizing prophecy, he was the one to see his own death. Not only his own death, though, but also the hunger of the flames, to take away one that he's to love. Fallen into fascination, he follows the gods loyally, like the priest of Xifodeos does.

DRISTA | Goddess of Discord
An immortal is not the same as a mortal by far, and yet the warrior of Ithaca managed to get meet this creature of the night. She too hides behind a mask, forced to play another role, as her loyalty to the only Mother is to be hidden from her brother. Her golden carrot, an attribute like Eris', is now given to Tragedy by her. For Musagona to hold onto it, until use is found in it.

The first part of Aphrodite's Curse has been written and read, and now, the second volume shall start. A volume with not travel just yet, but more a preparation of this: one can't sail over the seas without enough food and energy. The warriors and kings will travel to the West, and a reunion will take place. In the humble abode of the crow of the gods, they'll come up with a concrete plan and seal their fate with a golden pen.

May we continue soon...