6

Valeria Chambers

It was four in the afternoon and we were still driving around town. Becks didn't tell me where we were going to get my job and I didn't ask any further because I knew what her answer will be; you'll see when we get there. She gave me the same answer every time I asked her, so I just gave up.

I fell asleep while I was staring out at the window until the car started slowing down and moved towards a parking lot.

I was feeling kinda tired today. Maybe from all the action that happened this morning and I was probably still jet lagged. Hell I've only arrived just yesterday.

Once the car was parked, I jolted up from my sleep and looked at Rebecca, who only looked at me with a grin "let's go."

We were now walking on the sidewalk beside each other in silence, still trying to shake my sleepiness off as I glanced around. She suggested that we walk instead of driving there because the weather was kinda nice, and I wasn't complaining.

My eyes caught something in the distance and I couldn't just look away. On the other side of the street I spotted a very tall man with neck length hair and piercing green eyes that looked straight into my soul.

I can't be imagining things like that now, can I?

Is he following us?

Harry was now walking parallel to us on the other side before he decided to make his way over.

In pure panic, I turned to Becks "let's go over there to that gift shop. I want to get a souvenir."

She just furrowed her eyebrows when she heard the panic in my voice "are you okay?"

I widened my eyes and tilted my head to the side, she looked past me and saw Harry almost halfway down the street.

"oh my God. Yeah come on." She grabbed my hand in hers and pulled me around the corner quickly, then another. I looked back and I didn't see him following us anymore.

I sighed in relief but got jump-scared not a second later by his presence directly in front of us.

"Were you trying to get rid of me that easily by turning a few corners, love? I know these streets like the back of my hand."

I didn't know what to do or what to say. I glanced at up at him for a second. He was wearing a white shirt and washed jeans. His cross necklace dangling from around his neck. His oh so fluffy hair cascaded all around his face like a perfect frame and reached just above his shoulders. His jade green eyes blinked every once in a while. His nose was slightly red from the cold which I think looked cute. He was so darn beautiful but I just stood there and pretended that he wasn't there, so I looked past him.

Rebecca chimed in "you were the one following us. Now bugger off, Harry. We're gonna be late."

Harry didn't even acknowledge her "I just want to talk. It won't take five minutes."

"I said no. Leave us alone. Now is not the time. Later." Becks replied annoyingly before she continued to pull me away from Harry.

"Buttercup, please..."

At that, I looked back at him and locked my eyes with his. The desperation in his voice and the nickname he used did something to me that was very hard to explain. Like my stomach did cartwheels or something.

He didn't follow us this time though. Just stood there and watched us leave. I gave him a sympathetic look despite knowing that I should ghost him but I just couldn't do that.

Once I couldn't see him anymore, I looked straight again when Becks spoke "my God did you see that?"

I just nodded my head and continued walking.