3

Valeria Chambers

"So how are you so fluent in English? Did you live here your whole life or what?" Harry asked as we made another left. We've already scavenged almost every hallway and room, there were only a few corners left.

I shrugged "no I didn't live here, I was born here, but my dad went into a coma when I was 10 so I went back to Syria with my mum to live there. But my mum encouraged me to learn English, listen to English and talk in English my whole life. She's an English teacher now and she helped me a lot."

Harry hummed "well that explains a lot actually."

I nodded in response. "Can I ask you a question Harry?"

He said without even glancing at me "shoot."

Are you single?

Noo don't ask that question! Think of something else. Quick!

"You're from here, aren't you?" I asked like an idiot.

He answered with a smile almost laughing "no I'm from Neptune, but it must be my fake British accent that made you think I'm from here."

I stared at him dumbfounded "I'm joking. Of course I'm from here silly."

I shook my head "and what made you think I actually believed that you're from another planet? Do you think I'm that dumb? For God's sake I'm in the medical university Harry."

The curly headed boy shrugged "no but your question is."

Very funny ha ha.

"Well excuse me because I've never actually had an actual conversation with a boy in my life, and what we're doing now is totally new to me and I'm kinda nervous." I huffed in annoyance, feeling my face heat up.

I did not just admit that.

God I'm stupider than I thought.

Why would I even say that??

Stop rambling, Valeria.

This time, he whipped his head to look at me with furrowed eyebrows "what? You've never had a conversation with a guy before? Like ever? How come? If you don't mind me asking of course."

Thank God he didn't mention me admitting that I was nervous around him.

"My mum put me in a girls only public school and I didn't have a masculine figure in my life to actually know what the hell I'm supposed to do if I encountered a guy one day. I definitely didn't know what there was in life besides pink and flowers and I didn't know what I'd do if I was ever put in a situation where I actually had to meet a guy. I guess I didn't think this through." I answered with honesty.

Is it that weird? I think it's pretty normal.

Yeah just tell your entire life to someone you just met. Bravo.

"You don't know anything about boys? Like nothing at all?" Harry asked with confusion written all over his pretty face.

No, just face. Scratch pretty.

Not gonna lie, he's so handsome. Compared to the only other guy I've met in my life.

At least he's got actual hair on his head instead of two white hairs.

But no. I'm not gonna allow myself to think this way.

Don't allow yourself to fall for him, Valeria. You just met him for God's sake!

I shook my head "no, of course I know what a guy looks like and all. I did study anatomy and I'm sure you did too. The thing is, I don't know anything about their behaviour, what they like or don't like, how they live their lives. I've watched shows and movies but you know real life is not like what we see on screen. Like, do you all try to be funny around girls, but fail at doing that? You're a guy Harry humor me a bit."