Ouch. I just felt my heart break.

"So you volunteered because no one wanted to?"

He nodded in response.

"But you wanted to help me?"

He nodded again "yes. I wanted to help you."

Then we were met with silence.

We continued to walk through these identical hallways, I was surprised that he knew these corridors like the back of his hand. He knew every corner and every room, which was kinda impressive. I just saw them all the same and I definitely didn't memorize any of that.

I needed like a million tours to get used to the building.

As autumn settled over the university, a captivating view unfolded before us, painting the campus in vibrant hues of gold, crimson, and amber.

We walked through a very long hallway, huge arched gaps with beautifully designed columns placed on the internal surface of each arch on either side of us. It looked like the bridge of the Hogwarts castle from Harry Potter.

The ancient walls of this esteemed institution stood tall, adorned with ivy that mirrored the fiery foliage outside. The leaves, flaming with the changing season, danced gracefully as they descended to the ground.

A gentle breeze carried the scent of earth and the distant sound of laughter, mingled with the scholarly atmosphere that has engulfed the campus for centuries.

I could feel the history that breathed through the halls and corridors, whispering the tales of the great minds that roamed these very grounds.

As we wandered through the enchanted halls and rooms, we were transported into a world where elegance met academia.

The carefully curated interior designs effortlessly blend tradition with innovation, honoring the institution's rich history while creating a space for intellectual exploration. The grandeur of the architecture was awe-inspiring, with vaulted ceilings and stained glass windows that invited soft rays of autumn sunshine.

Kinda reminded me of the architecture of the ancient ruins and churches back home.

Each hallway told a story despite being almost identical, each room whispered secrets of knowledge and contemplation, leaving those who walked its hallowed grounds feeling inspired and awed.

The library, a sanctuary of knowledge, beckoned students with its rows upon rows of leather-bound books that hold within them countless stories and wisdom. Inviting them inside to a world yet to be discovered.

Each corner whispered secrets of the past, while inspired those in the present to reach for greatness and leave their own mark on the pages of history.

All of this looked way much more beautiful in person than what I've seen on the internet.

I imagined myself studying here for the rest of my life. The joy and happiness it would bring me. My dream of being the best doctor in history could happen just because I studied here with passion. I was truly being inspired to reach for this greatness just by being surrounded by those exquisite and historical walls.

I need to make this dream come true one day.

But a question still haunted me.

What if others didn't accept me for who I am?

I broke the silence, the need to know was eating me alive now, but asked in a different way "do you think if I'm Middle Eastern, that means I'm different from you or any other person here?"

He shook his head with a pout and a sigh "no, we're all human after all. Other people are just too arrogant to think this way. All they care about is themselves and the ones with their same nationality."

"Why don't you? I mean, you just called me a Middle Eastern student." the question left my mouth before I could register what I was saying.

"Because I see in people what others don't see. Which is humanity. Doesn't matter if you're Arabian or American or Italian or anything. And FYI, I did not call you a Middle Eastern student, I was telling you what I heard."

I didn't know what to say. Just made an audible 'oh' then I went silent again.

His explanation made perfect sense.

I preferred silence in this situation. I didn't know what to say or do and I felt like I'd spilled my whole life to him with those couple of words that I said.

Did I say too much? Did I upset him? Did I say something I wasn't supposed to say?

God why am I like this??

All these questions started roaming in my mind until his voice cut the tracks of the train of thoughts in my head "you know, the tour would take a whole day. But as we continue, let me tell you this. Lectures are early in the morning, they end at two PM sharp. After that, you go back to your flat, study, then come back here the next day. Same as everyday."

I asked in confusion "erm, I know that. It's all written in the schedule. Why are you telling me this?"

He stopped and turned around to face me, his chest at my eye level as he pointed his index finger at me "because..."

His serious face turned into a smirky one "...there's a party every other night and you're invited."

I widened my eyes just slightly before he turned back and started to walk "but it's not written in my schedule."

He shook his head and I could hear him rolling his eyes "well duh. No one's supposed to know about it but somehow it gets too loud and the neighbors notice it but no one says anything about it because it'd be too late. The party would be over before they could rat us out."

Shit, now I need another reason so I could bail out of this party. I hate parties. I don't even know what happens in them but if they're close to what they're shown in movies then I seriously don't want to go.

I hate loud and crowded places.

"Well no one invited me, and I don't go to parties. Like ever." I shrugged, hoping it'd be good enough to bail.

He clicked his tongue "Then we'll change that then. Love, I invited you. I'm gonna help you get through this year even if that means inviting you to parties to help you blend in and feel more like home here. Plus, it'll be fun. Trust me."

He's missing the point.

I huffed in defeat, he won't just drop it until I agree "fine. But only for one night and that's it. I'm not a fan of parties and I'm already pushing it."

His eyes brightened "that's great! I promise you'll love it and you'll want me to take you to more of them. You'll be the biggest fan of parties."

"Yeah right we'll see." I muttered under my breath which only led him to ask "what did you say?"

I shook my head with a fake smile "oh nothing. The biggest fan I'll be."

He nodded in agreement.

He doesn't know I do not agree at all but okay.

"Right. Now we'll continue the tour then I'll take you back to your flat. I know you don't have a car and I won't let you take the bus or a cab when there's an alternative. Sleep tight buttercup because tomorrow we'll be having the first opening party!"

There's that nickname again.

Oh God.

Alright, It's only a party.

My first ever party.

What could go wrong?

A/N: Yeah, what could go wrong? 👀

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! And tell me what you think!

Thank you for 200 reads!! Really means a lot! <3

P.S: don't forget to vote :)

All the love as always <33