A new shirt and baby

Season 1, Episode 1

My life sucks.

Here I am at my twin brother's soccer game. Watching him fumble over the ball as he is oblivious to all of the players who are about ready to wrestle him to the ground for his incompetence. I fully believe that he doesn't even know the general rules of soccer.

Plus I'm getting a headache from my mom's yelling. I can't blame her, it's in her genes.

But still.

"Vamos, Manny!" Gloria yells, encouraging him.

"Kick it! Kick it! Don't let him- Kick it! Manny, go! A la derecha! A la derecha! No! No, no" Gloria frantically yells as she watches Manny fail to kick the ball.

"He tripped him, Jay. Where's the penalty?" Gloria asks her husband, wanting him to do something about it.

Then the coach blows the whistle.

"Gloria, they're 0 and 6, let's take it down a notch" Jay tells her, hoping to calm her

"Manny, stop him! Stop him! You can do it!" Gloria yells once again at Manny who got distracted by a teen girl riding her bike.

"Damn it, Manny!" One of his teammates says.

"Come on, Coach. You gotta take that kid out" one of the moms says to the coach.

"You wanna take him out? How about I take you out?" Gloria asks, her temper rising.

"Honey, honey" Jay starts.

"Why don't you worry about your son? He spent the first half with his hand in his pants!" Gloria yells angrily.

I smirk at that, my mom certainly does have a temper.

"I've wanted to tell her off for the last six weeks. I'm Josh. Ryan's dad" Josh, Ryan's dad tells Gloria, clearly flirting with her.

"Hi, I'm Gloria Pritchett. Manny's mother" Gloria says, introducing herself.

"Oh, and this must be your daughter and dad" Josh says, gesturing to me and Jay.

"Her dad?" Jay scoffs.

"Yeah."

"No, no. That's funny. Actually, no, I'm her husband. Don't be fooled by the, uh- Give me a second here" Jay stutters out as he struggles to get up from his chair.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm quitting soccer, it is a game for children" Manny tells us dramatically as we walk to the car.

"No, you're not quitting. You would have stopped that goal if you weren't staring at that little girl." Gloria tells him sternly.

"She is not a girl. She's a woman" Manny says.

"Ew, she's like twice your age" I tell him with a disgusted look on my face as we get into the car.

"Love knows no bounds" Manny says as a lovesick look crosses his face.

"It should" I say before looking out the window.

"You know, Gloria, that little blowup with that other mom- why do you have to do things like that?" Jay asks.

"Cause she's Latin" I tell him shortly.

"If somebody says something about my family, I'm going to" Gloria starts.

"I'm just saying, you could take it down here a little bit. That's all" Jay tells her.

"Oh, yeah. Cause that's where you live, down here. But I live up here!" Gloria says dramatically.