Chapter 19: Enchanted ★

Start from the beginning

Maddie explained, "The performance is a 15-minute slot during the dinner. You'll have to prepare a setlist of your best songs and perform them live. It's a chance to showcase your talent to a massive audience."

My nerves started to kick in. Fifteen minutes felt like an eternity, and the pressure to deliver a flawless performance weighed heavily on me. But I couldn't let fear hold me back. "Fifteen minutes? That's a lot of pressure. But I'm ready to take it on. How much are they offering for the performance?"

Maddie leaned back, calculating the potential impact this opportunity could have on my life. "They're willing to pay $10,000 for the performance, Ronnie. It's a significant sum that could really help you and your brothers."

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"

Across the room, your silhouette

Starts to make its way to me

The playful conversation starts

Counter all your quick remarks

Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

My eyes widened in disbelief. Ten thousand dollars was more than I could ever imagine earning from a single performance. The weight of the responsibility to provide for my brothers felt a little lighter. However, doubts crept into my mind. "But what if I mess up? What if I can't handle the pressure?"

Maddie's voice was filled with reassurance. "Ronnie, you're an incredible singer. I have complete faith in your abilities. We'll work on your setlist, rehearse tirelessly, and make sure you're fully prepared. And remember, I'll be right there supporting you every step of the way."

Taking a deep breath, I made up my mind. "Alright, Maddie. Let's do it. I'll give it my all. This could be the break I've been waiting for, not just for me but for my brothers too."

Maddie's eyes sparkled with pride and determination. She clapped her hands in excitement. "Alright! Let's do this!"

I couldn't contain my excitement as I left Maddie's office. The opportunity to attend the Met Gala and perform at the dinner was a dream come true. But what made it even more incredible was the extra payment of $10,000. It was a huge deal.

Joel's POV:

I frustratingly sighed and slammed my pen on the kitchen table. I looked back at my laptop screen, which was filled with tabs for job searches. I never knew it would be this hard to find a job. Every opportunity nearby wasn't accepting new hires, or the interview process would take too long before the money ran out.

I wiped my face with my hand, hoping there would be one job, just one that would work. While continuing my search, I heard the front door unlock.

"Joel!" Ronnie exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement any longer.

I looked up, surprised by the sheer joy radiating from my twin sister. It brought a smile to my face. "What's got you so excited, Ronnie?"

Ronnie couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. "You won't believe it! Maddie, my manager, just gave me the most incredible news!"

Curiosity overtook my stress as I set aside my laptop. "Well, spill it, sis. What's the big news?"

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Ronnie began to share the details of the Met Gala event and the performance opportunity. She explained how attending the event could provide her with exposure, networking opportunities, and the chance to showcase her talent. But what truly made my eyes widen was when Ronnie mentioned the extra payment of $10,000.