Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Later that day, as Percy was getting ready to head out to gather the ingredients needed to break Kol and Finn's curse, Percy could feel the beginning of the full moon rising even though it was still daylight out. She needed blood from the doppelgängers of Silas and Amara even though one was a vampire. Then she needed to find some witch hazel and her sister's necklace.

Percy was walking towards the front door when she was stopped by her children standing in the front room drinking and talking amongst themselves. "I'm heading out to get both of the doppelgängers blood and some witch hazel. If one of you could find Esther's necklace and have it outside before nightfall, that would be helpful. I'll return soon, I'm sure."

Elijah stood up while the others turned their attention onto her. "Are you in need of an escort? If so, I would be more than happy to be of assistance. Especially around the town as you won't know your way around." Percy smiled widely at him.

"Of course! Thank you Elijah. Being stuck in a tomb for a thousand years with the occasional dream of the outside world hasn't really helped me adjust to the times as quickly as I thought. Anyone else want to join us?"

She hoped so. Percy although loved her children and always would even if they never accepted her, wasn't ready to be completely alone with one yet as she didn't want them to feel pressured into talking and bonding with her.

Kol stood up with a smirk. "I never pass up the chance to cause a little bloodshed." Percy grinned at him.

"Excellent. If one of you could lead us to the carriage – wait, no, not carriage." Percy began to feel slightly frustrated with herself. She knew the word for the transportation that was used for the current time but couldn't think of it.

Percy didn't notice the sympathetic looks shot at her from her children as they watched her struggle. "They are called cars now." Finn said gently.

Percy smiled at him. "Thank you, Finn. I appreciate the help. Elijah, Kol?" The two sons that were accompanying her joined her at the doorway and began to lead her out of the house and to Elijah's Bentley. Percy felt slightly nervous when she got into the back, allowing the two vampires to get in to the front. She was not only nervous about spending some more intimate time with her sons, but also about riding in a car for the first time.

"Where to first?" Elijah asked as he pulled the car out of the drive.

"We can go to the Salvatore's home, i believe the two I need blood from are both there at the moment." Percy looked out the window as the outside blurred by from the speed that they were traveling. Percy rubbed her arm where a faded set of a brand set.

Kol noticed it when he glanced back at her. "I don't recognize your tattoo, I didn't see it last night. What does it mean?"

"Well, as you know, I am born from the Greek god Poseidon and that the Greek gods are still around and are as lively as ever. What i don't think i mentioned was that when civilization began to move west, towards Rome, the gods began being worshipped as not Greek deities but as Roman. The Greek gods and Roman gods are the same gods but the gods pretty much have a split personality between the two. The gods prefer to keep Roman and Greek gods separate as some of the most bloodiest wars have been fought because the two met. It was a rare one time thing that happened 1,000 years ago, and i assume the gods have reverted it back to how things had been before Hera messed it up. Gaea, or Mother Earth, was rising as was her sons the giants, whom can only be defeated when gods and demigods are working together. Hera thought it would be a good idea to trade myself and the leader of the Roman camp without our memories to try and bring us together to win the war. When i arrived at the Roman camp almost a year having been missing, i was immediately claimed as a Daughter of Poseidon, which is where the trident comes in, and then the dashes right here indicate how many years i was apart of the Roman Legions. The SPQR is something that all Romans got, and it stands for Senatus Populusque Romanus which translates to The Senate and People of Rome. And they dont't tattoo it to your arm, they brand you so that way the marks won't fade."

Silence filled the car. Kol and Elijah exchanged glances. They had had a vague idea of what she had done before her sisters had imprisoned her, but they still didn't know any of the details about her life. They wanted to get to know her, to get the bond that none of them had had with a parent.

"It sounds like you had it rough, even before your sisters began to plot against you." Elijah said.

Percy smiled gently. "It was hard at times, very hard. But the good times made it worth it." They came came to a stop in front of the Salvatore Boarding House. They emerged out of the car and walked to the front door. Percy stepped forward and rang the doorbell before her sons could. The two were feeling slightly protective over the woman and they didn't know what the Salvatores would do if they found out who exactly she was. Percy just shot them a cheeky grin before returning her attention to the front door just in time for the door to be opened.

The man had black hair and piercing blue eyes and it seemed a permanent smirk. "Ah, if it isn't my favorite Original and two tag-a-longs. What can I do for you on this beautiful morning?" He asked sarcastically.

Percy spoke before either of her sons could. "I am so glad that you said that. I am here to talk to the ones named Elena and Stefan."

The man glared at her. "Yeah, that's not gonna happen. So unknown woman, why don't you and your two groupies get off my porch."

Percy smiled and sighed heavily. "And here i was hoping that you would be cooperative. Quaerenti movere." The man flew back into the house while the three stepped inside and followed his path into the living room.

"What the h*ll?" The man said, groaning as he laid on the floor of the room. The rest of the Scooby Gang were all there and were standing in surprise at seeing one of their own flying through the house.

"Thank you for letting us into your house, Mr Salvatore. Trust me, this won't take long. I just need a few things from Stefan and Elena and then we will be out of your hair. Kol, if you could grab the doppelgänger for me, Elijah, if you could grab Stefan, and bring them both to me, i would appreciate it." Caroline, Alaric, Damon, and Bonnie tried to step in the two Originals' way but found themselves glued to their spots.

"Sorry, i don't need any children interrupting me." Percy turned her attention onto Stefan and Elena and pulled out four vials and a knife. Without any hesitation she took Elena's hand and cut her hand deeply. Elena cried out with pain but couldn't move away, she was as stuck as her friends. Percy let the blood drip into the vials until two were filled up. Percy smiled brightly at the human. "Thank you for your contribution." She turned to Stefan and instead of just cutting it like she did with Elena's, she stabbed her knife into Stefan's hand so that she wouldn't have to keep cutting him. He yelled out in pain.

"What the h*ll?!" He shouted.

Percy smiled sweetly. "That's for taking their coffins and trying to wage war against Niklaus and ultimately failing. Also, that is some type of payback for you and your brother daggering Elijah." Finally all of the vials had been filled. "Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately none of you are going to remember this. Et dormiat obliviscaris nos hic." The Scooby Gang all dropped to the ground. Elijah and Kol rejoined her at the door. "Next stop some witch hazel."

They closed the door behind them and got back in the car. "How did you know about them doing that? Daggering me, I mean?" Elijah asked as they began to drive once again.

"While I slept, the god of dreams could find my mind but not where i was. But he decided to be kind to me and sent me dreams of you all. But each time one of you was daggered, i wouldn't see you again unless you were undaggered. First Finn left my sight. Then the rest of you periodically throughout time. I've missed much the past thousand years, and have had many regrets. One that i will never regret is being able to watch over you all through time. You all kept me sane."

Silence fell over them. "I'm glad we were able to help in some way. And for what its worth, we've seen more care from you over the past two days then we have from Esther and Mikael." Kol said. Percy quirked her lips.

"I'm glad. I genuinely love you all even if i have never been able to bond with you. I know that i would never have been able to treat a child how the two of them, and even Dahlia, treated you all. Especially since Mother and Paul had no mean bone in their bodies. The two of them treated all of us equally."

Elijah and Kol felt their hearts warm at her words. They could just feel the genuineness in her words. They pulled up to a herbal shop, Elijah just running in quickly and buying a handful of witch hazel as Percy had told him she didn't need much.

"Okay, it looks like we can head home now. We have everything we need."