When the prices are too high

Vic, a college student with potential issues is seen arguing with a local trader,

Vic: what do you mean its 250 now?

Trader: I mean it's 250 now, you're not the one buying it from retailers at jacked up prices

Vic: but, it isn't fair!

Trader: meh

Vic: 'frowns' (he turns around and walks away without buying anything) whatever...

His friend, Phowanyn Paul watched what transpired between Vic and the Trader and went over to him

Paul: (he holds Vic's shoulder) what's up Vic?

Vic: dude, (he looks at Paul) when did things get so expensive? I can't even afford drinking water anymore, drinking water guy!

Paul: oh, that's what you were trying to buy there?

Vic: nah, that doesn't matter... I just wish I knew a place that sold things for chicken change - say, you don't happen to know one around yeah?

Paul: (he looks away from Vic) I don't know man...

Vic: dude, please! I'll do anything, you have to help me or this could be fatal

Paul: hmm, you said anything?

Vic: don't make me beg you again

Paul: (he looked around as if checking if he was being heard) follow me, I'll explain everything when we get there

Paul walks ahead of Vic.

Vic, without any visible hesitation, followed Paul. His whole mind was against whatever Paul had to over, but he just wanted to see how it goes.

The two of them took a cab that dropped them in an old, abandoned shopping district in the campus. Paul walked into an alley at the far side of the district, there was a hidden shop there.

Paul: this is the place! Try and be normal, they guy here is, well self-conscious (he opens a door disguised to look like a part of the wall and went in through the beaded tassels that hung on the entrance)

Vic: 'smiles' heh (he follows Paul into the hole)

The place was rather small, it was more like a tuck shop but from the counter to the items that hanged on nails all over the shop, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. A man was sleeping with his head on the counter, but he raised his head when the two of them stood in front of him - his eyes popped out of his socket when he saw the taller figure in his shop.

Shop-keeper: who is this? Paul why didn't you tell me you were going to bring strangers when I was telling you (he points at Vic) NOT TO BRING STRANGERS!?

Paul: calm down sir, he's just a friend, he couldn't buy anything to eat because of the jacked up prices so I brought him here

Vic: (shakes his head) so is everything in this shop free?

Paul: ... and he even said he'd pay the fee

Vic: WHAT FEE? I didn't hear anything about a fee!

Paul: I told you we'd discuss it when we get here

Vic: well why would you wait till we get to the place to tell me I have to pay money to use a shop?

Paul: isn't that all shops work? (to the man) look, sir - just let him buy something, for my sake

Shop-keeper: hm... alright, but only because you're my nephew

Vic: (slams a handful of cash on the counter) fine! If its money you want, have it all, that's my life savings I'm giving you! Hope your happy